Activating PIN

Guest Dr Who

When you hard reset the device you get given the option to require a PIN on startup which every time so far I have said no to. I now want to add this security but can't figure out where to enable this on the phone. Any ideas?

Guest RossDargan
When you hard reset the device you get given the option to require a PIN on startup which every time so far I have said no to. I now want to add this security but can't figure out where to enable this on the phone. Any ideas?

there is an option to do with pin under settings, phone. is that what you are after?

there is an option to do with pin under settings, phone. is that what you are after?

Hadn't seen that one on the front page! Not sure which PIN I need to activate though, this one or PIN2? I just want to use a PIN when I boot the phone NOT every time I unlock or every time I access the SIM. Anyone know which is which?

Hadn't seen that one on the front page! Not sure which PIN I need to activate though, this one or PIN2? I just want to use a PIN when I boot the phone NOT every time I unlock or every time I access the SIM. Anyone know which is which?

Settings->Phone is the pin lock for the Sim Card

Settings->Lock is the pin for the device

Settings->Phone is the pin lock for the Sim Card

Settings->Lock is the pin for the device

Cheers Pug, hadn't noticed 'Lock'. However I don't want to input the pin whenever I touch the phone, just when it starts up. If I set the phone pin to 24 hour is this how it works?

I take it the PIN in phone (the first one) will pop up EVERY time I want to make a phone call? I don't want that. And what is PIN2? Better RTFM I think.

Guest rintys5
Cheers Pug, hadn't noticed 'Lock'. However I don't want to input the pin whenever I touch the phone, just when it starts up. If I set the phone pin to 24 hour is this how it works?

I take it the PIN in phone (the first one) will pop up EVERY time I want to make a phone call? I don't want that. And what is PIN2? Better RTFM I think.

No, the SIM pin only gets requested when you turn the phone on. I have my password set to expire after an hour, but I never get asked for the SIM PIN unless I've powered off.