v1405 not coming to Vodafone UK.... but the v1210 is!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
v1405.gif

A small snippet of news for UK Vodafans (see what I did there?) :D

The HTC Breeze based v1405, which can be seen here on the website of Swiss Vodafone subsidiary 'Swisscom', will not be launching in the UK, despite Vodafone currently offering the v1240, based on the Breeze's predecessor, the HTC Tornado.

Fear not though, this isn't the end of the line for Smartphones on Vodafone!

Our sources tell us that the 'v1210' is in the pipeline (strangely billed as 'Vodafone's first mid-tier Microsoft Smartphone'), and although details are still sketchy, we do know the following:

- the device doesn't look like any of the currently known HTC devices (OEM unknown)
- the device runs Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone OS
- the device features 3G data, but does not offer video calling
- almost certain to launch in the UK, primarily as a business targeted device

We're working hard to dig up more deets on this one, so watch this space :D

P

[Edit: Want to know more about the XPA v1405 on Swisscom? Manual and Quickstart Guide available here]

Guest awarner (MVP)

Mid-tier so possibly on the lines of the HTC Oxygen, not the best but still a usable Smartphone but with limited features.

Entry level type devices are better for hitting the masses cost wise, this is what Nokia have done with their devices make them cheap sell them cheap.

Guest fmountford

Does Vodafone offer smartphones and such like to Personal customers or is it just to business ones, from the impression i get from their website it seems like the latter

Guest spacerace

most of the smartphones are listed under the business section of their website, but yes they offer the phones to personal customers. I took the V1240 when it came out, although I had to spell out what it was, and they eventually found it on their system listed as a QTek...

There is no video calling because there is no camera, at all

First Mid Tier MS smartphone

it will probably run AKU 2.6

300mhz intel processor

128mb ROM 64mb RAM

2.2" QVGA TFT-LCD

Micro SD

Bluetooth 1.2 infrared, USB

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.