ActiveSync doing my nut!

Guest fantastic_mr_q

Guest fantastic_mr_q

Ive got Activesync 4.2 if it helps, but my phone keeps disconnecting after about 5 minutes,(Still charging mind) but Activesync stops recognizing it is there. I then have to unplug it and plug it back in again.

Im supposed to be able to sync with media player, but media player doesnt recognise it! ARGH!

So I send music using the activesync explorer, it takes nearly 5 mins for an album! Its USB 2!!! Takes 5 secs to my usb 2 250gig hard drive! What the hell is going on, why is it so slow!

Anyone else found this, any tips??

Guest awarner (MVP)

Just checking you posted this in the Hermes section but your profile shows you have a Vario?

If you are refering to the vario it is usb 1.1 not 2.0 this is why it is slower. Your better off getting a card reader for transferiung larger files.

As for Activesync change your power settings to keep Activesync active.

I am not sure offhand what usb standard the Hermes is.

Guest Laser_iCE

Firstly, it is NOT USB2.0, it's 1.1 IIRC.

Secondly, is your phone set to turn off after 5 minutes when connected via AC? Check in your Power settings :D

EDIT: Damn, beat me to it :D That's what I get for opening too many threads at the one time :D

Edited by Laser_iCE

Guest fantastic_mr_q

I have a Vario II, is it really only 1.1??

How do I change the power settings? It continues charging, ActiveSync just says its disconnected??

Thanks for your help

Guest fantastic_mr_q

Yup already checked them settings, I thought you was on about activesync settings on the pc?

Had a thought though, Im doing it through a hub that has a fair few Items running from it, Could benefit from a powered hub

yep vario II is 1.1

ive found it much much quicker to copy stuff to the microSD card via a card reader if i want to copy a lot

if only a few songs or just a synce i use the usb cable

JEREMY

supposedly bt 2 with edr is 3mbps. however the vario 2 does not have edr so I don't know what speed it would be. although it is probably faster than usb 1.1 anyway and worth trying

l don't have a bt 2.0 dongle so can't test it out anyone with one please test and report back

Jeremy

Guest fantastic_mr_q

I have bluetooth 2 and there seems to be no difference, if anything bluetooth seems slightly slower??

Could I get it to connect by wifi, cos that would be lightningly fast?

Any ideas on how to get my device to sync with media player?

I have bluetooth 2 and there seems to be no difference, if anything bluetooth seems slightly slower??

Could I get it to connect by wifi, cos that would be lightningly fast?

Any ideas on how to get my device to sync with media player?

I think this might be something to do with the serial ports that AS uses to connect to the device? Can't be sure.

Your best bet is to not bother, just copy the files.

As for syncing wiith media player, I wouldn't necessarily say that was a great idea either. Just copy the files and update the library manually, surely?

Guest fantastic_mr_q

Yeah Im happy with doing that, Thats what I have been doing anyway, Just be nice if it did what it says on the box lol! Gotta say, I love the sound quality and volume through the headphones compared to my old Vario!!

Still cant figure out why Activesync keeps disconnecting, may try re-installing it, never happened with my old Vario though, 4.2 is definately the latest aint it?

Guest fantastic_mr_q

Could someone explain to me how to use FTP and Activesync by Wifi? Found summin interesting at Freefloat.com but havent a clue on how to use it? All I know is if I used that for data transfer at home it would be lightning fast, is it secure though and how does it work?