Putting lock in battery tray?

Guest richard_d

Any tweaks available to put the lock symbol into the battery tray? It seems the logical place to me and would free up a little space.

Thanks

Richard

You could remove the lock from the today screen, install DeviceLock (the location of which escapes me), then assign DeviceLock to your press 'n hold button in Settings > System > Buttons...

Works for me! :D

Guest richard_d
You could remove the lock from the today screen, install DeviceLock (the location of which escapes me), then assign DeviceLock to your press 'n hold button in Settings > System > Buttons...

Works for me! :D

Thanks, but I'm on in liking it on screen!

Richard

Guest richard_d
Richard,

How about this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=45953

Install the PHM Power Tools (as listed on Paul's must have free software thread) and use TrayLaunch to add it to the tray.

Thanks - that works but just two minor niggles that may not be able to be solved:

1. the icon shown is just a folder rather than the program icon, and 2. despite selecting left in tray launch it's on the right hand side of the screen next to the battery. Any fixes or am I asking too much? :D

Thanks,

Richard

Thanks - that works but just two minor niggles that may not be able to be solved:

1. the icon shown is just a folder rather than the program icon, and 2. despite selecting left in tray launch it's on the right hand side of the screen next to the battery. Any fixes or am I asking too much? :D

Thanks,

Richard

Can't help with point 1, but I experienced similar confusion with the "Left/Right" options in TrayLaunch - it doesn't actually mean "where do you want it displayed, on the left or on the right", it's more like the options in Windows for re-arranging icons on a toolbar. If you have several icons in the tray, it just allows you to "order" them by moving them to the left or the right of one of the others.........does that help, or have I just made it worse :D

Mark.

Guest richard_d
Can't help with point 1, but I experienced similar confusion with the "Left/Right" options in TrayLaunch - it doesn't actually mean "where do you want it displayed, on the left or on the right", it's more like the options in Windows for re-arranging icons on a toolbar. If you have several icons in the tray, it just allows you to "order" them by moving them to the left or the right of one of the others.........does that help, or have I just made it worse :D

Mark.

Well I'm none the wiser but better informed. :D

Thanks,

Richard

--- edit

Looking around sbsh installer might solve things when I've got time to play.

Edited by richard_d