V1604 Mercury (tytn/ herm200) and msn messenger?!

Guest pob

Right, i have a Voda V1605 (htc tytn/ herm200) and i want to use msn messenger over wifi.

Can anyone direct me to msn messenger? coz i dont think i have it on my device, so i've tried looking on HERE and it only has windows mobile 2002 or 2003 edition. As it says WM5 devices have msn already. But i dont think mine does!

Can anyone help?

Edited by pob

Right, i have a Voda V1605 (htc tytn/ herm200) and i want to use msn messenger over wifi.

Can anyone direct me to msn messenger? coz i dont think i have it on my device, so i've tried looking on HERE and it only has windows mobile 2002 or 2003 edition. As it says WM5 devices have msn already. But i dont think mine does!

Can anyone help?

Messenger has been removed from the v1605, and the M3100, presumably to keep income from text messaging up. There is currently a Beta Test of the new Windows Live Messenger for Mobile underway, and we hope they'll be releasing it soon. Until then, you can use MSN Messenger servivces by:

1) paying for Pocket MSN - not really worthwhile as the Live version should be out soon

2) Install Agile Messenger which allows you connect to MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, Google Talk etc etc. I've used this for years and find it pretty reliable.

3) Try the installation of Messenger for previous Windows Mobile editions, as described here. I haven't tried it, but others report that it works OK.

Guest bydandie

If you hard reset the v1605, MSN Pocket MSN should come back. It's taken out in the customisations I believe, although I'm working from memory now as have flashed to a different ROM.

Downloading older versions didnt work. So i might go for Agile.

If the device didnt have pocket messenger to begin with, how would a hard reset make it come back? Wouldn't i need to flash it?

Edited by pob