HTC Universal or HTC TyTN Pocket pc?!?!?!?

Guest cristaras

Guest cristaras

Hi guys!

I'm about to become a new member of the PPC community but still don't know what to buy! :D

I was about to get the new Sony Ericsson P990i when i found about HTC Universal or Qtek 9000 as they call it here (I was totaly lost with all the different names until I found this: url=http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_pocketpc_smartphone.php3 ).

Being almost ready to buy it, I came through the new HTC TyTN Pocket PC and now I'm TOTALY lost!!!!

I don't know what to do!?!?!? :D :D :D

Money isn't a problem, as I can get them from a relative really cheap, but which one is the best? I was a bit concerned about the size of Universal, but still....i don't know! Is it so big? I haven't seen it anywhere except on the net. But again if you can do exactly the same things with the TyTN Pocket PC (which is few cm smaller, 120g lighter as well as a year younger) why should i buy that one instead of the TyTN Pocket PC?

OUF.....HELP...PLEASE :D

Guest richard_d
Hi guys!

I'm about to become a new member of the PPC community but still don't know what to buy! :D

I was about to get the new Sony Ericsson P990i when i found about HTC Universal or Qtek 9000 as they call it here (I was totaly lost with all the different names until I found this: url=http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_pocketpc_smartphone.php3 ).

Being almost ready to buy it, I came through the new HTC TyTN Pocket PC and now I'm TOTALY lost!!!!

I don't know what to do!?!?!? :D :D :D

Money isn't a problem, as I can get them from a relative really cheap, but which one is the best? I was a bit concerned about the size of Universal, but still....i don't know! Is it so big? I haven't seen it anywhere except on the net. But again if you can do exactly the same things with the TyTN Pocket PC (which is few cm smaller, 120g lighter as well as a year younger) why should i buy that one instead of the TyTN Pocket PC?

OUF.....HELP...PLEASE :D

The main advantage of the Universal is the VGA screen versus the Tytn QVGA, but personally I prefer the size and form of the Tytn. The universal is due to be updated - see news section on this forum!

Richard

Guest cristaras
The main advantage of the Universal is the VGA screen versus the Tytn QVGA, but personally I prefer the size and form of the Tytn. The universal is due to be updated - see news section on this forum!

Richard

I think you are right!

Thank you...

Universal and TytN are different types od PDA's and you can't compare them directly but...

1.There is no PDA to compare with Universal.

2. As for TyTn it's successorof HTC Wizard and you can compare them easily.

UNIVERSAL

520MHz procesor X-Scale - PXA270 series - INTEL

PRO's:

pocket case in complet

standart miniUSB for charge nad sync

BIG keyboard with dedicated numeric keys

god hands free / headphones

BIG and very good hi-res LCD

UMTS

video-talk camera in front (VGA - 640x480)

second 1.3Mpix camera in back

BT & WiFi

Full size SD/MMC SOCKET,

LCD can be turned

Extra stylus

CONS:

SIZE

WEIGHT (heavY as a bric :D ) don't try to carry it in your pocket - only in your brief-case

last row of letteRs moved to left isde

NO EDGE

NO external LCD

stylus is loose in its socket

poor joypad

poor performance in everyday use

light-sensible LED is not switching backlight every time whe you need it

TyTn

Remember - there are two types of TyTn (HTC Hermes was the previous code name) HERM100 and HERM200. there are differences in look, and front keys

400MHz CPU Samsung

PROS:

Much better performance then HTC Wizard

Excellent LCD

EDGE and UMTS AND HSDPA

Bluetooth 2.0 &WiFi 802.11g & port IR

A2DP & SAP thru BT

WM 5.0 for Pocket PC with AKU 2.3

GREAT jog-dial

Excellent work time on battery

Quite small dimension compared to features it has

Quite interresting built-in camera soft

SymbolPad panel makes easier entering the symbols

CAPSLOCKa and FN keys

good case

CONS:

keyboard not as comfortable as in Wizard

keys in front pannel a little bit too flat

keys on the back can be presssed accidentally

Still photos from 2Mpix camera are not very good

Battery status drops only by 10%

microSD socket

problems with watching films

miniUSB headphones

(please forgive any mistakes .. i fogot a lot in English :D )

Edited by mrnikt