SPB Backup

Guest Sadlybrokeboy

Guest Sadlybrokeboy

Hi all,

I've got an odd problem with spb backup and was wondering if anyone had seen it too?

I've got a copy of spb-backup installed to the memory card on my M3100, and I've got it doing a scheduled daily backup with reset at 6am.

However, when I get to the phone in the morning - it's hung! The phone is stuck at the "Backup Complete, please reset" and hitting the reset button that's display on that screen has no effect! The only way of getting the phone going again is to do a soft reset...

Has anyone had this problem or can suggest a way around it?

Many thanks,

Matt

Guest marisa4755

No, not had this problem, but I don't do scheduled backups.

Spb are excellent at giving customer support though, I would report the issue to them and see what they say. They have usually come back to me with any issues within 24 hours.

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
No, not had this problem, but I don't do scheduled backups.

Spb are excellent at giving customer support though, I would report the issue to them and see what they say. They have usually come back to me with any issues within 24 hours.

Thanks Marisa I have, did so on Friday and not heard anything yet - but they do say give them 3 days - so while I'm waiting I thought I'd ask here! :D

Thanks!

Matt

Guest marisa4755

Until you get a reply, you could try:

* Open the program, select the Scheduled Backup checkbox, tap Next.

* In the next dialog you are proposed to configure the backup schedule. Please make sure to keep the "Automatically reboot after backup" checkbox unselected.

They recommend this to avoid a problem where after reboot, the device asks for your pin number, and so freezes the device, might work for you until you get an answer.

You'd have to remember to reboot when you wake up though.

Guest battletank
Until you get a reply, you could try:

* Open the program, select the Scheduled Backup checkbox, tap Next.

* In the next dialog you are proposed to configure the backup schedule. Please make sure to keep the "Automatically reboot after backup" checkbox unselected.

They recommend this to avoid a problem where after reboot, the device asks for your pin number, and so freezes the device, might work for you until you get an answer.

You'd have to remember to reboot when you wake up though.

I have the same problem - and I have a password on my phone, so it makes sense (group Exchange policy, so I can't switch it off).

I have also identified another problem with SPB Backup - when I restore a backup, I find that my backlight timeout has been changed to 10 seconds, and changing it back to a longer period only has a temporary effect.

Guest Sadlybrokeboy

All,

Just a quick update to let you know what SPB said.

Apparently they don't recommend running the app off of the memory card, and sure enough - uninstalled and reinstalled it and it works fine - even resets for me.

Excellent customer service - they came back exactly as they said they would! :D

Many thanks,

Matt