Ideal In-Car Adapter

Guest Iggy82

Thanks very much to Matho for making this known to me, I've been trying to work out how I could build it myself!. You can now pre-order an official HTC adaptor from expansys which enables you to listen to audio and charge the unit at the same time. As many drivers know, this will enable us to listen to our mp3's and satnav voice through our stereo's whilst charging the unit simultaneously!

Hooray!!

Here's an image for all you peeps viewing through your pocket pc:

htc-adaptor.jpg

Pre-Order It Here!

Call me cynical, but it's a good way for HTC to make money!

:D

P

It certainly seems a little suspicious that this has been released so quickly after the device itself... What's the bets that the next HTC device will have yet another weird-and-wonderful socket for headsets/charging etc, not to mention yet another new-and-improved storage card?

It certainly seems a little suspicious that this has been released so quickly after the device itself... What's the bets that the next HTC device will have yet another weird-and-wonderful socket for headsets/charging etc, not to mention yet another new-and-improved storage card?

Nah, they'll go back to miniSD knowing that the cards we were using a couple of years ago in our C500s etc have too little storage now. :D

Well I'm just damn pleased they have listened to thier consumers wether they intended to sell it as an add-on in the first place or not. My pre-order has been made!

Oh yeah and by the way....

Paul........ Your cynical! :D

Edited by Iggy82

Thanks very much to Matho for making this known to me, I've been trying to work out how I could build it myself!. You can now pre-order an official HTC adaptor from expansys which enables you to listen to audio and charge the unit at the same time. As many drivers know, this will enable us to listen to our mp3's and satnav voice through our stereo's whilst charging the unit simultaneously!

Hooray!!

Here's an image for all you peeps viewing through your pocket pc:

htc-adaptor.jpg

Pre-Order It Here!

How are you connecting the phone to the car stereo? Mini-USB to RCA (red and white) ? If so, where do you get such a lead?

Ta.

Edited by Zahid

I'm going to use the guide for converting ordinary headset into a audio jack except this time I'm going to connect two RCA leads, (red & white audio leads) instead and connect those to the auxilliary input on the back of my head unit.