Get rid of the annoying beeps when changing volume during a call!

Guest matho

I've just seen this post by mightyeric over on xda-developers and tried it out. Happy to report it works well - those beeps and the slow responses were really bugging me!

It doesn't bother me, but people on the other end of the line complain that the beeping the Tytn makes when changing volume during a call is too loud. Especially the beep at the top end of the volume slider.

I did a little digging (after searching and checking the wiki fruitlessly) and found a solution that I thought I'd share. I'm new here so I'll let someone else update the wiki if this looks useful.

There are actually 3 different sounds in play here: the one at the bottom end of the slider (quietest), the one in the middle posisitions (standard), and the one at the top end of the slider (loudest). These are handled by 3 registry keys:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\LoudestInCallVolume

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\QuietestInCallVolume

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\StandardInCallVolume

within each of these keys the default 'Script' value is 'p' for 'play'

Change the 'Script' value to blank (erase the 'p')

Now the sounds won't be played and won't annoy your friends. Bonus - at least perceived by me - since the tytn isn't playing those sounds, the volume actually changes MUCH FASTER, practically instantaneously - the way you'd (or at least I'd) like it to.

Hope this is useful to someone...

Edited by matho