Syncing Micro SD Card

Guest darth

i've just got a 2gb micro sd card but i can't get it to sync with media player 10 on my pc. The active sync on media player bit says 'setup must be completed' when i click that it says i need to create a partnership with a 32mb or larger storage card then it goes onto say click the sync tab, select the storage card, and click set up sync.

My problem is there is no storage to select in windows media player it just says 'no device has been detected, press F5 to refresh the player' pressed F5 doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions, also i can't play mpegs off the storage card any ideas on that front, i think i've got the storage card in the wrong folder and i think it needs moving but not sure.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how i could sort this out.

Guest randomelements

On the root of My Device on the phone delete the wmpinfo.xml file as this handles the partnership between WMP and the phone. Re-connect and see if it detects the card.

Also, try deleting the msmetadata folder on the card itself (is hidden by default)

Have you reformatted the card?

No i have not reformatted the card how do i do that, is there a special bit of s/w i need to get hold of to do that? Could you point me in the right direction?

On the root of My Device on the phone delete the wmpinfo.xml file as this handles the partnership between WMP and the phone. Re-connect and see if it detects the card.

Also, try deleting the msmetadata folder on the card itself (is hidden by default)

i looked in the root of 'my windows based-mobile device' and there was no file by the name of wmpinfo.xml.

also i tried to look for the msmetadata folder on the card itself but there was no msmetadata folder on it. I checked in tools, options and i had already checked the show hidden files option. So not sure.

No i have not reformatted the card how do i do that, is there a special bit of s/w i need to get hold of to do that? Could you point me in the right direction?

You need a card reader. Hopefully your micro card came with a full SD sized 'sheath', in which case you can plug it into any card reader that can accept SD cards (most). Then in Windows right click on the drive and format. It has been suggested formatting as FAT rather than FAT32 can make the card work better.

Actually I think a format tool might be included in some software packages, although I may be wrong?

Edited by Dr Who

You need a card reader. Hopefully your micro card came with a full SD sized 'sheath', in which case you can plug it into any card reader that can accept SD cards (most). Then in Windows right click on the drive and format. It has been suggested formatting as FAT rather than FAT32 can make the card work better.

Actually I think a format tool might be included in some software packages, although I may be wrong?

Yep i've ordered a card reader i've got the full SD card adaptor to slot the micro SD card into, thanks i'll wait for the card reader and see how i get on.