Backup C600 ROM - How?

Guest bkraptor

I want to back up my original Orange RO ROM before I go on to flash the Imate SP5 ROM. Can anyone tell me how it's done or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

SPB backup may help..?

Guest The Doctor
I want to back up my original Orange RO ROM before I go on to flash the Imate SP5 ROM. Can anyone tell me how it's done or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

ok you'll need a spare 64mb card and the tools i've attached. its pretty simple really...

turn your phone off.

hold camera and plug into the usb port on your pc. (disable active sync usb connections beforehand though)

your phone will then enter bootloader (3 colour mode)

extract the attached zip and run ttermpro.exe located in the extracted folder somewhere

type in the command r2sd all

it will then save a rom dump to your storage card :rolleyes:

PLEASE BE AWARE THIS WILL ERASE ALL THE DATA YOU HAVE ON YOUR STORAGE CARD!

Phil

TeraTermPro_WinCE_USB.zip

Edited by The Doctor

Guest The Doctor

Also i should probably mention that pgmtjd you ever wish to restore to this backup then put your card back in your phone hold camera and turn the phone on. you will be told to press the volume down button to restore from the backup.

phil

Guest silfox2000
turn your phone off.

hold camera and plug into the usb port on your pc. (disable active sync usb connections beforehand though)

extract the attached zip and run ttermpro.exe located in the extracted folder somewhere

it will then save a rom dump to your storage card :rolleyes:

Can I downgrade the bootloader in this way?

I have 2.0.14.0 version on my SPV C600 and I want to downgrade it to 2.0.9.0 or 2.0.6.0 because of the application lock of the newest rom version from Orange. They blacklited RegeditSTG and there isn`t a signed one registry editor.

And if I can downgrade, where can I find a proper rom to put it on my SD?

Edited by silfox2000

Guest The Doctor
Can I downgrade the bootloader in this way?

I have 2.0.14.0 version on my SPV C600 and I want to downgrade it to 2.0.9.0 or 2.0.6.0 because of the application lock of the newest rom version from Orange. They blacklited RegeditSTG and there isn`t a signed one registry editor.

And if I can downgrade, where can I find a proper rom to put it on my SD?

you can use typhoonnbftools found in a few of my previous posts to edit the header data of the 2.0.6.0 so the versions read something like

this should allow you to downgrade your rom.

Phil

Guest silfox2000
you can use typhoonnbftools found in a few of my previous posts to edit the header data of the 2.0.6.0 so the versions read something like

this should allow you to downgrade your rom.

Phil

I managed to do that, but it downgrade just the ROM, not the bootloader. And when the flash finished, the phone lights up in 3 color mode and that is. I want to downgrade the bootloader.

Guest The Doctor
I managed to do that, but it downgrade just the ROM, not the bootloader. And when the flash finished, the phone lights up in 3 color mode and that is. I want to downgrade the bootloader.

sorry thought you meant the rom when you were on about the unlocking process :rolleyes:

i'll post a downgrade for the bootloader later today when i'm on my pc. any preference on bootloader version?

Phil

Guest silfox2000
sorry thought you meant the rom when you were on about the unlocking process :rolleyes:

i'll post a downgrade for the bootloader later today when i'm on my pc. any preference on bootloader version?

Phil

No matter 2.0.9.0 or 2.0.6.0 but I prefer 2.0.6.0 :(

Many many 10x in advance.

Or if you have even 1.0.4.0 it will be better. 10x again!

Edited by silfox2000

Guest The Doctor

And here is the promised bootloader downgrade utility (attached) :(

it'll be like a normal rom update but will only flash the bootloader (IPL and SPL) so it'll leave your OS as it is.

Just unzip and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe :rolleyes:

It'll hang at 92% while it verifys the SPL but thats normal so dont worry!

Phil

Bootloader.zip

Edited by The Doctor

Guest silfox2000

First it said that this is for upgrade only so I used Typhoonnbftools to change the version to 2.0.14.0 and it pass normally I think. But now it reports me that it is 2.0.14.0 and I actually don`t know which version it is :rolleyes: to upgrade with the apropriate rom.

Guest The Doctor
First it said that this is for upgrade only so I used Typhoonnbftools to change the version to 2.0.14.0 and it pass normally I think. But now it reports me that it is 2.0.14.0 and I actually don`t know which version it is :rolleyes: to upgrade with the apropriate rom.

?!

Phil

Guest silfox2000
?!

Phil

When I ran the update utility from Bootloader.zip it said "Error 4. Upgrade only". Then with Typhoonnbftool

I changed the Secondary version of nk.nbf from Bootloader.zip to 2.0.14.0 and the update process starts. Now it tels me that it is version 2.0.14.0 and I don`t know if I managed to downgrade it.

Edited by silfox2000

Guest The Doctor
When I ran the update utility from Bootloader.zip it said "Error 4. Upgrade only". Then with Typhoonnbftool

I changed the Secondary version of nk.nbf from Bootloader.zip to 2.0.14.0 and the update process starts. Now it tels me that it is version 2.0.14.0 and I don`t know if I managed to downgrade it.

worked on my qtek with the c600 bootloader :rolleyes:

even flashed the c600 bootloader then reflashed with the bootloader.zip to make sure it downgraded n wouldnt brick your device.

Can you type out EXACTLY what it says on your device when you put it in bootloader for me then i might get somewhere with it

phil

Guest silfox2000
Can you type out EXACTLY what it says on your device when you put it in bootloader for me then i might get somewhere with it

Now I`m with the latest Orange Rom from 16 Aug 2006 ver. 11.2.1.8 and Secondary Version 2.0.14.0.

Till now I didn`t have much problems with App Unlock, but in this latest ROM Orange have blacklisted the signed RegeditSTG. So I want to downgrade the ROM and unlock it in the old way.

Bootloader:

Tornado

IPL 2.00

SPL 2.00.0014

If I run the update utility from Bootloader.zip without any change it says:

"ERROR [296]: UPGRADE ONLY

This NBF file cannot be used for your Smartphone. Please getnewer NBF file.

Click "Exit" to quit."

Guest The Doctor
Now I`m with the latest Orange Rom from 16 Aug 2006 ver. 11.2.1.8 and Secondary Version 2.0.14.0.

Till now I didn`t have much problems with App Unlock, but in this latest ROM Orange have blacklisted the signed RegeditSTG. So I want to downgrade the ROM and unlock it in the old way.

Bootloader:

Tornado

IPL 2.00

SPL 2.00.0014

Click "Exit" to quit."

Ok i'll do some fixes on the nbf when i'm on my pc (he says sitting very proudly infront of his new Mac :rolleyes:)

Phil

Guest Potatohead
ok you'll need a spare 64mb card and the tools i've attached. its pretty simple really...

turn your phone off.

it will then save a rom dump to your storage card :(

PLEASE BE AWARE THIS WILL ERASE ALL THE DATA YOU HAVE ON YOUR STORAGE CARD!

Phil

Will this application work on Non-HTC devices as well? :rolleyes:

Bootloader:

Tornado

IPL 2.00

SPL 2.00.0014

Click "Exit" to quit."

Hi

I have the same situation with my C600 (LATEST UPDATE VERSION)

I have got information about . I think only one way to mail to [email protected] to disable security certificate first.

br

Edited by klous

• 2 weeks later...

@The Doctor i have tried many times with no luck. i have tried when the phone was application unlocked and with application lock (after a hard hard reset)..

it gave me the same error:

sizeof(SDCARD_SIGNATRUE_TABLE)=512

You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image

i have a spv c600 and 1gb card. it is sim locked.

do you have any ideas?

Guest The Doctor
@The Doctor i have tried many times with no luck. i have tried when the phone was application unlocked and with application lock (after a hard hard reset)..

it gave me the same error:

sizeof(SDCARD_SIGNATRUE_TABLE)=512

You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image

i have a spv c600 and 1gb card. it is sim locked.

do you have any ideas?

try SIM unlocking your phone...

Sometimes things like this can be affected by the SIM lock, for example i can't rewrite an IMEI with the SIM lock still in place. it HAS to be SIM unlocked

Phil

Guest C600Madness
try SIM unlocking your phone...

Sometimes things like this can be affected by the SIM lock, for example i can't rewrite an IMEI with the SIM lock still in place. it HAS to be SIM unlocked

Phil

Did anyone get any further with downgrading the C600 ROM so that you could bypass the application unlocking? This is really annoying now. The only other option is to hope that the orange development guys respond to my email but that could take ages.

Guest The Doctor
Did anyone get any further with downgrading the C600 ROM so that you could bypass the application unlocking? This is really annoying now. The only other option is to hope that the orange development guys respond to my email but that could take ages.

The orange developer guys will normally email you back within 2 days :rolleyes: i got mine the same day :)

The C600 ROM decertification is a real pain in the arse though... I'm thinking of flashing the latest AKU2 C600 ROM to my 8310 and writing a guide on EXACTLY how to do it :(

Phil

• 1 month later...

Hi C600Madness,

did you finally managed to dump the ROM of your C600? I get the same error message and I'm not able to finish the ROM backup.

Hi The Doctor,

I have fully unlocked phone (application lock fully disabled and sim lock disabled) and I still can't use the "r2sd all" command. I get the "You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image" message.

I've been reading many forums for days now. It was not said directly anywhere, but it looks like you have to set the SuperCID 11111111 if you want to backup your rom. But then it's usless for me - I wanted to have the backup to be able to get back to initial state of the phone... I've seen also some notes on changing the IPL header. But if that's as irreversible operation as setting the SuperCID then it doesn't help too :)

So it looks that if you want to backup your C600 ROM then you will definitely loose your warranty as all proposed solutions changes the ROM. Am I right folks?

Cheers!

Edited by paveu