Terrible battery life after 'Freeze'

Guest zim_zimmer

Guest zim_zimmer

Hi,

I recently installed TomTom Mobile onto my phone and ever since it froze and I had to unclip the battery to restart the phone my battery life has been terrible.

I'm having to charge the phone every 24 hours!!! I usually set my alarm on the phone to wake me up in the morning... the first time I noticed the declining battery life was when my alarm didn't go off and wondered why. So I pushed the left soft key.... nothing, the phone was completely drained!! Ever since then I've had to charge it up every day.

What can the problem be... anyone encountered this??

Paul

Guest SilentlyScreaming
Hi,

I recently installed TomTom Mobile

anyone encountered this??

Paul

When you are finished with TomTom, are you pressing the home button by any chance?

Goto task manager, (I've set a speed dial on mine), highlight TomTom app, and close it, if normal exiting from the program leaves it in memory.

Not sure if it will sort you out, but if TomTom was still working in the background, when you didn't need it, and Bluetooth activity was involved, I can see how that might drain the battery very quickly.

Sorry if it doesn't help, but worth a shot...

Guest zim_zimmer

Thanks SS... I normally exit TomTom, using the left soft key then 6,6,5 as key presses (which exits the application) so it definitely not running.

Did find out what it was though... When I was looking in the POWER MANAGEMENT settings TomTom had changed my DISPLAY TIME OUT to 'NEVER'. So I changed it back to 30 seconds and I'[m back to my normal every 3 day charge again now so I am happy :D

So anyone else who has this problem check out your POWER MANAGEMENT settings :D

Guest pd.ryder

I thought the propper exiting of TomTom returned the screen-out to it's usual value? TCPMP can do the same thing if not exited correctly, but when it is, it does (?) :D

Guest FerretAD
Hi,

I recently installed TomTom Mobile onto my phone and ever since it froze and I had to unclip the battery to restart the phone my battery life has been terrible.

I'm having to charge the phone every 24 hours!!! I usually set my alarm on the phone to wake me up in the morning... the first time I noticed the declining battery life was when my alarm didn't go off and wondered why. So I pushed the left soft key.... nothing, the phone was completely drained!! Ever since then I've had to charge it up every day.

What can the problem be... anyone encountered this??

Paul

This has happened twice to me, but i've never known what actually caused it - I don't have Tomtom either, so it might be another underlying problem.