3100 Upgrade - Orange

Guest deadnought

Guest deadnought

Last week I phoned Orange CS (PCS in fact :D ) to be told that the 3100 isn't available yet as an upgrade for existing customers as they need to get stock to the retail outlets first.

Even with a little charisma and some bribery (I'm planning on chaging tariffs to something a little more expensive) the lady wouldn't budge.

Does anyone know when they are likely to offer this to existing account holders? What has happened in the past with new phone releases?

Edited by deadnought

I phone Orange CS (PCS in fact :D ) to be told that the 3100 isn't available yet as an upgrade for existing customers as they need to get stock to the retail outlets first.

Even with a little charisma and some bribery (I'm planning on chaging tariffs to something a little more expensive) the lady wouldn't budge.

Does anyone know when they are likely to offer this to existing account holders? What has happened in the past with new phone releases?

I got mine last week after a 3 week wait. I told Orange I was leaving them for T-mobile, and they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse :D

Guest deadnought
I got mine last week after a 3 week wait. I told Orange I was leaving them for T-mobile, and they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse :D

I've just been told that there is no reason why I can't have one - except that they are out of stock and on order. I suppose Orange underestimated their popularity.

I do wish customer services gave consistent advice!

Are you pleased with it?

Edited by deadnought

Guest kevinyfc

It feels like I've been trying to get my upgrade for ages! CS retentions first said "oh yes we'll call you tomorrow because stock is coming in then" so after 2 days and no call, i call back and get the response "it could be a week or so" after a week is up I call and the kind CS lady puts me as a "PRIORITY for the outbound team" another week later and if I'm a priority wow would i hate not being one! I called again this morning and was carefully told how they get a batch in, they test them then release them blah blah blah... eh hum WHERE IS MY PHONE! lol :D

so anyway, they may well have shot them selves in the foot because I asked for my pac code, which is apparently in the post. If they don't pull their fingers out before my pac code arrives then I'll be the proud owner of a Vario II soon! :D

It feels like I've been trying to get my upgrade for ages! CS retentions first said "oh yes we'll call you tomorrow because stock is coming in then" so after 2 days and no call, i call back and get the response "it could be a week or so" after a week is up I call and the kind CS lady puts me as a "PRIORITY for the outbound team" another week later and if I'm a priority wow would i hate not being one! I called again this morning and was carefully told how they get a batch in, they test them then release them blah blah blah... eh hum WHERE IS MY PHONE! lol :D

so anyway, they may well have shot them selves in the foot because I asked for my pac code, which is apparently in the post. If they don't pull their fingers out before my pac code arrives then I'll be the proud owner of a Vario II soon! :D

Retentions simply said they'd back-order the M3100 and phone me when it was in. Lo and behold, three weeks later I got a phone call from CS and next day I had my new toy. The only thing I haven't got yet is the new tariff, but that was something to do with not being able to change tariffs on billing day - I've got to wait until October for that change to occur.

I was amazed to be honest given their usual standards.

Guest deadnought

Oddly enough the very reason I left T-mobile a year or so ago was for the very poor customer service I received.

I suppose its all down to personal experience.

It looks as though I will have to check the web page for availability daily and then call to arrange the upgrade.

Guest themitch

I went into my local Orange shop (in the City) and had a play on the M3100 (as I hadn't seen it or held it before), then asked about upgrade. He looked my details up and said it would be

Guest kevinyfc
I went into my local Orange shop (in the City) and had a play on the M3100 (as I hadn't seen it or held it before), then asked about upgrade. He looked my details up and said it would be

Guest proindigo
Oddly enough the very reason I left T-mobile a year or so ago was for the very poor customer service I received.

I suppose its all down to personal experience.

It looks as though I will have to check the web page for availability daily and then call to arrange the upgrade.

I left orange fro t-mob for the same reason.. Have been very happy with them to date. I have called cs a few times for various things and have always answered quickly and been really nice. Orange I had to wait over an hour to get through!!

and why on earth can you get it straight away and because despite having been on back order for weeks I cannot?? :D O CS are such lying gits!

I highly suspect it is because TheMitch actually took out a new contract where as I (& you maybe) am upgrading on the same contract. I am in exactly the same position, been on the call list for 3 weeks now but I reckon they were only giving the phone to people who they can guarantee they will get there money from over the year... :D

It's just a case of sitting waiting for the txt or phone call when I our names reach the top of this very long list... at least we should get a phone with a latter serial no. so less chance of screen alignment problems!

i left orange last week after numerous phone calls and different( unacceptable ) offers, why cannot they have the same rule for everyone its not down to who you speak to, male or female, good day bad day.

i went to tmoby. same tariff for eveyone, same handset deal, good cs so far. the futures bright.........t-mobile..

I've been waiting a week for a call back from OCS saying when they had it in stock. I called them a couple of times, and they confirmed it was on order. They called me today, will be getting it tomorrow.

my deal was struck in retentions, me saying I can get it on the web, free etc etc, and T-mobile have a good deal on....they are giving me a free handset (and on upgrade to keep my number),