Paragon Wireless introduce dual mode SIP / GSM Windows Mobile 5 handset

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Paragon Wireless have today introduced The World’s First SIP-Based Windows Mobile 5 Dual-Mode Handset.

Debuting at the VON conference in Boston, the strangely named hipi-200 looks suspiciously like another techfaithwireless design.

The hipi-2200 is the next generation in integrated dual-mode handsets. Utilizing Paragon Wireless’ proven VoWLAN / GSM dual-mode voice technology, the hipi-2200 adds the Windows Mobile 5.0

post-1-1158087357_thumb.gif

oops. problem posting on the move. I meant to say I'm not impressed that they're alledgedly using the TI OMAP 730 processor. A processor that's two years old and first featured in the SPV C500 (HTC Typhoon). Not impressive...

Guest resurgem
Does anyone know if it is really possible to keep wifi active and phone doesnt run out of battery for 100 hrs??

My SP5 strugles to reach 5 hrs!!

I know on the Hipi1100 that wifi searching does in fact burn the battery(I have stocked this phone). I am about to get a new Hipi2200, to test. While this phone looks promising to a degree, im sure I will be informing parawireless of glitches like I did with 1100.

These phones in my opinion need further refinement, but with the e series only allowing business users to access internal ip pbx's, the hipi's will be able to take on what e series does not.

peace

Hello,

I asked Paragon Wireless about the contact form on their homepage if this device will be available in Europe and when it will be available.

I got this Answer:

"The Hipi-2200 will most likely sell in Europe before the US and be re-branded under another supplier. SIM card slot is definitely available for use beyond the US." [...]

"We launched the HiPi-1100, a Linux-based dual mode handset in March 2005, and our new HiPi-2200 just launched on September 12, 2006. The HiPi-2200 is a MS Windows Mobile-based handset with the same performance and features as the HiPi-1100." [...]

But they didn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.