ActiveSync 4.2 Crashing System

Guest weeerob

I've just got a Vario II but when I try and sync it with active sync ones it's made the connection it reboots my PC. I've looked round the web and the only suggestions I can find is turning off a software firewall. I can't do that however as I don't have one installed (due to being behind a hardware firewall).

Has anyone else solved this issue before? I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing ActiveSync to no avail. I've got an Orange C500 and this syncs fine.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

I've just got a Vario II but when I try and sync it with active sync ones it's made the connection it reboots my PC. I've looked round the web and the only suggestions I can find is turning off a software firewall. I can't do that however as I don't have one installed (due to being behind a hardware firewall).

Has anyone else solved this issue before? I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing ActiveSync to no avail. I've got an Orange C500 and this syncs fine.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Well I managed to fix it. I logged in to my PC as a different user that hadn't had Outlook set-up previously or ActiveSync and that connected fine. So I logged off, went into my normal profile and magic, it seems to be working. Very strange.

Rob.