help with email not getting to hotmail accounts but arriving fine everywhere else!

Basically ive set up my two yahoo accounts on my Vario II

using pop3 and smtp.

recieving on both works fine and i thought sending worked fine too.

the settings i used were

smtp.yahoo.co.uk initially and all was fine

except i realised (through testing out my gfs account and my moms account ) that if i send an email to any other type of account ie yahoo gmail a company one whatever my email turns up fine but if i send it to a hotmail account or msn account it NEVER arrives.

since then ive tried out

smtp.yahoo.co.uk:587

and smtp.t-email.co.uk

ive got one account set up on one and one on the other both of those accounts on my hermes send emails fine to ANYBODY ie gmail other yahoo or ntl or any other company based accounts fine but still never arrive at a hotmail based account ie if i send from my email address [email protected]

to [email protected] or [email protected] it arrives fine if i send it to [email protected] it never arrives.

if i send it from my DESKTOP outlook 2003 which has smtp.yahoo.co.uk:587 as its server they arrive fine at a hotmail based account (my gfs and mothers)

help !!

not sure what else to do as all my normal emails to other accounts arrive fine and promptly so it cant be the smtp settings otherwise i would have thought they would not arrive either.

it cant be t-mobile as why would all emails get through except hotmail based ones!!

i might sign up to googlemail just to have another account so i can try sending any emails i need for hotmail ones from their and seeing if it is just a yahoo thing.

JEREMY

Edited by Guest

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that it's a reverse DNS issue of some sort. See if you can test sending it to an AOL account and see if that gets through, as AOL are strict about how can send to them.

Without having even seen one of these phones yet I'm feeling in the dark, but does it have some kind of SMTP log or anything that you could post up. Or see if there's a way to enable it and set high detail logging. That should show you the transaction between your device and the server and help narrow down what it could be.

thanks for the reply

unfortunately i dont have any friends with AOL.

nor is there a way to check a log or such. even the hotmail based ones are put in the sent folder from the outbox as if they were actually sent

What ive done for the moment is set up a googlemail account and im sending a test to my mum and gfs hotmail from their and if that arrives ill just use that for sending to hotmail and msn based accounts. As i said before sending from the yahoo based accounts works perfectly to any one else other than hotmail!!

hence im stumped

JEREMY

Guest richard_d
thanks for the reply

unfortunately i dont have any friends with AOL.

nor is there a way to check a log or such. even the hotmail based ones are put in the sent folder from the outbox as if they were actually sent

What ive done for the moment is set up a googlemail account and im sending a test to my mum and gfs hotmail from their and if that arrives ill just use that for sending to hotmail and msn based accounts. As i said before sending from the yahoo based accounts works perfectly to any one else other than hotmail!!

hence im stumped

JEREMY

Jeremy sorry I haven't any real clues and not knowing anyone who uses Hotmail haven't run into this myself. I'm using a pop3 account with Yahoo on my Vario II, if you want me to send a test message to a Hotmail account from my set up PM me - it might narrow things down, alternatively it might lead nowhere...

Richard

@richard_d

ive pmed you

@any one else

update

ive since signed up with googlemail

and sent a test email to my mum on hotmail this arrived fine from the vario II via tmobile

i might just have to use this account i think in future to send emails to hotmail based accounts. As my yahoo one works for everything else non hotmail like

JEREMY