STRTRK released in USA as Cingular 3125

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia
cingular_3125.jpg

I just get rid of my QTEK 8500 and Cingular finally releases their version of the STRTRK under the name Cingular 3125.

Basically this is the same phone as the QTEK 8500, Dopod S300 and i-mate SmartFlip (are there any others I'm leaving out?) but Cingular decided to fix the terrible battery life of the previous versions of the phone by adding a 1100 mAh Li-ion battery. They also bumped up the memory to 128MB ROM/64MB RAM to help with that pesky low memory warning that, on previous brandings, would pop up oh, I don't know, after five minutes of use!

Since Cingular primarily utilizes the 850 band of the cellular spectrum; let's just assume, for now, that they did a bit of testing and fixed that "missing every other call" bug that plagued the QTEK 8500 ROM when used under the 850 band.

Thanks to it's RAZR-like looks, solid flip form-factor, and VERY reasonable $149 price tag (contract required), this phone should reign in more of the "average phone" users in the MS Smartphone camp.

For more information on the phone CLICK HERE
(try zipcode 10001 if you are outside of the US and don't know our zipcodes off-hand)

Guest nickcornaglia
Minor nitpick: The model is actually 3125.

:D :D :D Sorry...that WAS a typo. Next time I'll post things the right way and let the editor do his job and post it up the right way! Sorry about that. :D :D :D

I was thinking about the 2125....and 3135 just rolled off better.

Guest nickcornaglia

Bulge isnt THAT bad. Better battery life makes it even easier to swallow. A funny quote from the comments section of that thread:

"Whatca gonna do wit all that junk...all that junk up in your trunk!?"

finally! a smartphone and not a PPC :D ive been after this for a while or at least hunting for it - wonder when its out in the UK

the only thing that would be better would be to increase the size of the screen and it'd be perfect

Guest fluffcat1
finally! a smartphone and not a PPC :D ive been after this for a while or at least hunting for it - wonder when its out in the UK

the only thing that would be better would be to increase the size of the screen and it'd be perfect

It's been out a while here (3 months ) though I doubt we'll get this flavour with the extended memory and battery life. From reports Orange UK won't be releasing it though Orange NL are, so you might get an f100 on ebay though the qtek 8500 has been as low as

Do like the "titanium-ish" color! the keypad is better to swallow this way aswell. or have all version been like this? because I remember the pictures of the startrek with the three circles in a row.

Pigo

Guest nickcornaglia

The outside of the phone is Black and the keypad is a brushed aluminum or titanium or (insert your preferred metal here)...

The circles on the keypad were only on pre-production models of the STRTRK.

Guest nickcornaglia
Damnit now I'm tempted to switch to Cingular. Their only drawback is their lack of cheap wap access, they charge by the amount of data you transfer.

$19.99 Unlimited data.....how much cheaper can you get than that?

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

It's a shame that Wifi wasn't added. That would have almost made this one complete. With the extra onboard memory and high capacity battery in the trunk, one could stay connected for awhile.

But you're right,"Fat bottoms girls make the rockin world go round!" :D

Guest genaldar
$19.99 Unlimited data.....how much cheaper can you get than that?

Using the wap plan on T-Mobile I have unlimited data and access to most sites and it's only $5.99. Granted I can't check corporate email or go to secure sites but that doesn't really bother me.

Guest genaldar
Doesnt really sound like UNLIMITED to me. :D

Unlimted data amounts. Sure I can't check my bank statement online, but that can wait till I get home. And since I don't have corporate email the inability to check it doesn't affect me. As long as I can access my email server (and use pie to check gmail of course) I'm a happy camper.

Guest nickcornaglia

I guess you're right. If I looked at the number of times I accessed sites outside of your capabilities....I probably am not getting my money's worth. But I dont mind for those few times I do need it unexpectedly.

Guest genaldar
I guess you're right. If I looked at the number of times I accessed sites outside of your capabilities....I probably am not getting my money's worth. But I dont mind for those few times I do need it unexpectedly.

I'm sure it come in really handy on some occasions. I'm just cheap :D

I did fail to mention another shortcoming with my service. They block the port msn messenger uses on this plan. To use it I'd have to upgrade to the T-Mobile "internet" plan since they don't have a smartphone plan (several blackberry choices though, the bastards). And I think that's $30.

:rolleyes:

I purchased my Cingular 3125 Sunday and like it except the Voice Tag Feature does not work. I went back to Cingular and we tried other 3125s but it's 'broken' on all of them. Very disappointing.

David

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.