HTC Libra announced

Guest SkUk21

Source: http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=1892

At the CTIA show in LA this week, a new Windows Mobile device from HTC was revealed and HTC executives confirmed several key details about the device. The phone, code-named Libra has both a traditional numeric keypad and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. The phone is significantly smaller than current HTC devices with a slide-out keyboard; it is closer in size to a typical bar-style feature phone. The QWERTY keyboard has only three rows of keys, to accommodate the smaller device size. The Libra will be available in a CDMA version in Q1 next year, with support for EVDO Revision A high-speed data. A GSM version is also planned for next year. Although revealed at the UTStarcom booth, the phone is expected to be distributed by HTC and branded by carriers.

post-51579-1158225307_thumb.jpg

Guest richard_d
Source: http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=1892

At the CTIA show in LA this week, a new Windows Mobile device from HTC was revealed and HTC executives confirmed several key details about the device. The phone, code-named Libra has both a traditional numeric keypad and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. The phone is significantly smaller than current HTC devices with a slide-out keyboard; it is closer in size to a typical bar-style feature phone. The QWERTY keyboard has only three rows of keys, to accommodate the smaller device size. The Libra will be available in a CDMA version in Q1 next year, with support for EVDO Revision A high-speed data. A GSM version is also planned for next year. Although revealed at the UTStarcom booth, the phone is expected to be distributed by HTC and branded by carriers.

Looks interesting, screen size must be compromised over the Hermes though...

Guest Laser_iCE

I actually think this looks really hot ... Dunno how weird it'd feel having such a slim keyboard though? Shouldn't be to bad... However, I know I read phone in TFA, but ... Is it a PPC or Smartphone? Sorry if it's clearly stated and I didn't see it :D

EDIT: Looking at the pic, can clearly see the start menu... My bad!

Edited by Laser_iCE

Am I reading wrong or is the screen smaller?

what am I missing? if the screen size is the same as wizard/hermes then it's a pretty bulky device :D

Pigo

P.S..... this is my post #500 woohoo... getting there

the screen has to be smaller im thinking 2.4 inch as the phone itself is smaller than the hermes/wizard and it also has a numeric keypad.

im thinking its nokia n73 size screen and keypad with the sliding keyboard.

the screenshot looks like wm5.0 ppc version but it could still be smart phone version as that was just photoshopped on there

JEREMY

Guest richard_d
the screen has to be smaller im thinking 2.4 inch as the phone itself is smaller than the hermes/wizard and it also has a numeric keypad.

im thinking its nokia n73 size screen and keypad with the sliding keyboard.

the screenshot looks like wm5.0 ppc version but it could still be smart phone version as that was just photoshopped on there

JEREMY

A smartphone N73 competitor sounds more logical. Interesting to see what it does have and do!

Richard