HSDPA T-Mobile

Guest richard_d

Guest richard_d

I've tried a couple of speed tests and I'm getting around 38kps on GPRS and 380kps in 3G areas - about what I expected.

Does anyone know whether all T-Mobile 3G transmitters are now set to HDSPA, and I just need to persuade CS to enable it on my account, or are only transmitters in major cities HDSPA enabled (Faversham hasn't been a centre of national importance since the middle ages)?

Thanks

Richard

I've tried a couple of speed tests and I'm getting around 38kps on GPRS and 380kps in 3G areas - about what I expected.

Does anyone know whether all T-Mobile 3G transmitters are now set to HDSPA, and I just need to persuade CS to enable it on my account, or are only transmitters in major cities HDSPA enabled (Faversham hasn't been a centre of national importance since the middle ages)?

Thanks

Richard

i get 1-1.5mbps on my speed test.

give cs a call and ask them to put it on you account.

Guest richard_d
i get 1-1.5mbps on my speed test.

give cs a call and ask them to put it on you account.

Well that was remarkably painless - despite the warning that they were exceptionally busy the whole phone call took 5 mins and was added without any problems. Excellent service. Now I just need to find a 3G transmitter on my way home (apparantly central Canterbury is coming soon...).

Richard

the more i read, hear, see i am happy to be with tmoby than orange. it took me only a few mins to have hsdpa added on my account and when you look at your account online it shows

Guest richard_d
the more i read, hear, see i am happy to be with tmoby than orange. it took me only a few mins to have hsdpa added on my account and when you look at your account online it shows

Guest Kallisti
Using www.dslreports.com/mspeed 797kps on a 2 bar signal 30yds from my house - I suppose living 30yds from a 3G reception area is better than living 3 miles from one. With the speed increase over 38kps it's probably worth walking down the road!

Richard

Ooh, didn't know about mspeed... Well, on two bars, in my garden, I just got 1282 kbit/sec.. never seems that good when I'm actually trying to use it though!?

Ooh, didn't know about mspeed... Well, on two bars, in my garden, I just got 1282 kbit/sec.. never seems that good when I'm actually trying to use it though!?

at home 1-2 bars on 3g get around 700-1000kbps. on full bars I get about 2Mb which is impressive.

Guest zoidster
Well that was remarkably painless - despite the warning that they were exceptionally busy the whole phone call took 5 mins and was added without any problems. Excellent service. Now I just need to find a 3G transmitter on my way home (apparantly central Canterbury is coming soon...).

Richard

Hello Neighbour :D - I am based in Whitstable and get HSDPA here - and I am SURE I recall getting a 3G signal in Canterbury Asda's car park (although this was when I was using my universal , so can't say if it was HSDPA or not )

I was under the impression that the T-mobile's HSDPA coverage was over their entire 3G footprint ?

Edited by zoidster

Guest richard_d

Just odd patches in Canterbury and Faversham at the moment - promised central Canterbury coming very soon. Seems to be HSDPA on all 3g. I'm not expectingg full 3g in Faversham anytime soon, but you never know - at least Iget it at the station and near the house - better than O2...