Blackberry Connect on WM5

Guest xerxes

Has anyone been able to use Blackberry Connect on a WM5 PPC or Smartphone to connect to a BES?

My company keeps its Exchange server behind a firewall and a VPN is required to connect to it. Even the OWA client can only be reached via VPN. The company does not support Exchange push email as they have standardised on Blackberry. I could get a Blackberry but I don't want to have to carry and charge yet another device.

I would like to be able to connect my XDA Exec (on O2) to the company BES (company Blackberries are on Vodafone). If that's not possible I could buy a new data contract with a different operator or even a different WM5 device (TyTN?) if needed.

I just don't want to replace my Universal with a Blackberry!

Can anyone advise me?

Has anyone been able to use Blackberry Connect on a WM5 PPC or Smartphone to connect to a BES?

My company keeps its Exchange server behind a firewall and a VPN is required to connect to it. Even the OWA client can only be reached via VPN. The company does not support Exchange push email as they have standardised on Blackberry. I could get a Blackberry but I don't want to have to carry and charge yet another device.

I would like to be able to connect my XDA Exec (on O2) to the company BES (company Blackberries are on Vodafone). If that's not possible I could buy a new data contract with a different operator or even a different WM5 device (TyTN?) if needed.

I just don't want to replace my Universal with a Blackberry!

Can anyone advise me?

Does your exec have blackberry connect installed? If you have blackberry connect on the device you will be able to connect it to your companys BES it doesn't matter which network you are on as BES isn't network specific. you just need to make sure you have been added to the BES server and use the blackberry application on your desktop to activate it.

I have a feeling however the exec didn't come with blackberry connect, and I don't know if O2 have made it available

Guest squiggs1982

I got BB Connect to work perfectly on my Wizard. Just plugged it in and installed the BB Desktop Software for activesync. Asked me if I wanted to change the PIN that I was using and that was it. Blackberry on a decent device!

You can download the BB Client software from another well known site and and just install it.

Now, the question is, can anyone help with my question here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=245697

Ta! :D

Does your exec have blackberry connect installed? If you have blackberry connect on the device you will be able to connect it to your companys BES it doesn't matter which network you are on as BES isn't network specific. you just need to make sure you have been added to the BES server and use the blackberry application on your desktop to activate it.

I have a feeling however the exec didn't come with blackberry connect, and I don't know if O2 have made it available

I spoke to O2 this morning and they told me they had just released Blackberry Connect for the Exec. It's available HERE

Now I just have to get my IT dept to set up my BES account and get the software installed. :D