T-Mobile MDA Vario II vs. Orange SPV M3100

Guest sameerabedi

Guest sameerabedi

I know the phones are the same, but which service provides the best deal?

I am approaching the end of my contract on Orange and can upgrade to the SPV M3100, however would it be better to switch to T-Mobile and get the Vario II?

There are forums on Orange and T-Mobile talk/data plans, but overall what are peoples verdict on the best deals/customer service and use of the phone? Are the deals better on T-Mobile or has Orange pulled out it's finger to offer some decent deals of their own?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks to all in advance!

Guest richard_d

I am approaching the end of my contract on Orange and can upgrade to the SPV M3100, however would it be better to switch to T-Mobile and get the Vario II?

There are forums on Orange and T-Mobile talk/data plans, but overall what are peoples verdict on the best deals/customer service and use of the phone? Are the deals better on T-Mobile or has Orange pulled out it's finger to offer some decent deals of their own?

With the standard plans for new customers I don't think there's a lot of doubt that for low-to average call users T-Mobiles Plans are more competative. Upgrades and special retention offers are potentially a different matter...

Richard

Good point on the coverage - Orange is unuseable in my house despite being generally pretty good in my area. It's worth checking with friends as the coverage maps for all providers are at best vaguely accurate guides.

Richard

Also if switching operators IMHO it's worth picking up a PAYG card that uses that network to check *real* coverage for example in my office it makes a huge difference which desk you sit at as to which Operator works best.

On the offers basis I found T-Mobile best for me. I was able to get a T-Mobile Business-1 plan with 500 mins shared between 2 phones, a bundle of texts, Web n Walk pro (for 1 handset) a 5MB bundle (for other), a small text bundle for just under

Guest simonclark123

Another benefit of T-Mobile Business-1 Plan is that you can use your inclusive minutes to ring USA, Canada and much of Europe landlines *and* mobiles - direct that is, no need for callthrough numbers!

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Do you need to have 2 phones to be a business user? How do u get a business user tariff on T-mobile or infact Orange?

You don't have to have 2 phones but it may be worth getting 2 if you have an other half as calls between them are free (both Orange and T-Mobile), and you get 2 subsidised handsets (with only a slightly greater monthly outlay).

To get a business tariff, you phone up their relevant business sales telephone number - see their respective websites for details. I've got a Ltd company, so it's dead easy for me, but AFAIK you are still entitled to a business contract when self employed.

HTH - Rufus.

• 2 weeks later...

The Orange M3100 uses newest hardware serials and doesnt seeem to suffer half the hardware faults because they are sending out newer revisions.

The Orange M3100 also AT TIME OF WRITING has the newest ROM version than ANY other supplier including HTC. Once you have turned off the Orange Theme, it also appears to be the most stable build.

As regard to the web packages, oranage are awful ! If you ask for TRY 3G you will get 3 months of 1GB allowance 3G/GPRS to the WHOLE internet and even Terminal services (o2 would block the latter) and you get 30 mins of video calling per month for 3 months free too. After 3 months expired you will get a paltry and damn right STINGY 4MB allowance for