Mda Vario II bricked!

Guest fantastic_mr_q

Guest fantastic_mr_q

After waking up this morning, getting ready and grabbing me phone before I take the nippa 2 school, I hold down the power button to switch it on and get a brief flash of the orange led and a flash of white from the screen and then nudda! not a blip, take the battery out and put it back, again nothin! Tried charging it again (had been on charge all night mind) again nothin, didn't even register I'd plugged it in. Last dying effort, time for a hard reset, again to my surprise, nothing! It had officially died. T-Mobile no questions asked, replaced my phone on the spot without even having to check my one and I am using it now. I swear it is faster! I also swear it had a different boot up procedure when it did the tmobile configuration. I'm happy that all the keys work and I think the slide feels a bit more sturdy on this. Anyone else had any replacements?

Guest magic_alex
After waking up this morning, getting ready and grabbing me phone before I take the nippa 2 school, I hold down the power button to switch it on and get a brief flash of the orange led and a flash of white from the screen and then nudda! not a blip, take the battery out and put it back, again nothin! Tried charging it again (had been on charge all night mind) again nothin, didn't even register I'd plugged it in. Last dying effort, time for a hard reset, again to my surprise, nothing! It had officially died. T-Mobile no questions asked, replaced my phone on the spot without even having to check my one and I am using it now. I swear it is faster! I also swear it had a different boot up procedure when it did the tmobile configuration. I'm happy that all the keys work and I think the slide feels a bit more sturdy on this. Anyone else had any replacements?

Ill second that mate, i just opened my replacement Vario2 and its booted up and ready a hell of alot quicker than my original one did. And yeah youre right the slide is definielt more sturdy and also ive noticed the battery cover is now a solid fit that doesnt rattle or tap on the battery. Very pleased and cant fault t-mobile i had a replacement sent to me no questions asked fantastic service

The replacement units definitely seem much better :D I've not had a sniff of a problem.

What are the serial numbers of your replacements. Sensing my Vario II might be about the develop the alignment problem........

As I've said elsewhere, my serial starts HT634 and the original started HT632.

Hhhhmm, 632 here but no problems other than alignment problems twice in the space of five minutes.

Guest fantastic_mr_q

Waranty Issues replacement as I hadnt had mine 28 days, Mine is a HT364, and Im well impressed with it, U reckon they havve changed the hardware components or something?

Guest spacemonkey

Just be careful, in the past I've read many many threads with "OMG my new device is so fast compared to my old one" or "OMFG the new ROM is a billion times quicker", a big part of the quicker is that it's all sparkly and clean after a hard reset and doesn't have a stack of SMSs, call history, calender, photos, installed apps cluttering the place up and slowing it down.

I've just swapped from HT632 to HT634 for the alignment issue and it;'s definitely a different build, some subtle differences if you look at the batteries and some of the gubbins under the battery cover. It does feel a bit firmer and the keyboard on mine requires hard pushing on the buttons. As to speed, I think it's a bit faster, but I'd noticed my previous Vario slowing down cos I was loading it up with all sorts of crap. This one starts clean and I have my microSD now so it should remain a bit cleaner... maybe...

Waranty Issues replacement as I hadnt had mine 28 days, Mine is a HT364, and Im well impressed with it, U reckon they havve changed the hardware components or something?