HELP - I'm a newbie and I've pressed the wrong button on my Vario II and can't turn on the phone...

Guest SheepWorrier

Guest SheepWorrier

I've just switched on my Vario II and I think I must have been holding down another key accidentally because rather than boot up as normal I'm on a screen which looks like like a PC BIOS screen.

There are 4 stripes: red, green, blue and white from top to bottom.

At the top it says:

HERM300

IPL-1.01

HERM300

SPL-1.04

At the bottom it says:

Serial

My question is how do I get out of this and get back into the Today screen?

Does this have anything to do with my number changing? I'm porting my number from Orange into T-Mobile today...

EDIT: Sorry for wasting your time - I panicked! Problem solved with a soft reset!

Edited by SheepWorrier

I've just switched on my Vario II and I think I must have been holding down another key accidentally because rather than boot up as normal I'm on a screen which looks like like a PC BIOS screen.

There are 4 stripes: red, green, blue and white from top to bottom.

At the top it says:

HERM300

IPL-1.01

HERM300

SPL-1.04

At the bottom it says:

Serial

My question is how do I get out of this and get back into the Today screen?

Does this have anything to do with my number changing? I'm porting my number from Orange into T-Mobile today...

EDIT: Sorry for wasting your time - I panicked! Problem solved with a soft reset!

Hehehe, i've seen that before!

Usually happens when you have your finger on the camera button as you turn the device on!

:D

That's the bootloader screen which can be useful for reflashing the device when it won't fully boot up...

.....which is exceptionally easy to access on the Hermes. Hold the voice tag button and power up button together for about 1 second and in you go!