3125, resetting to home screen

Guest stever12

Guest stever12

I walked into the Cingular store yesterday to look into getting a 2125, walked out with a less-than-a-day-old 3125. So far so good, except...

After about 10 or so seconds of being anywhere but the home screen (specifically, PIE, Outlook, start menu), the phone automatically jumps back to the home screen. Not pushing any buttons, no other error messages. All I've done to it was install Opera and Google Maps. It didn't do this yesterday.

Tried turning it on and off a couple times, no success.

Thanks,

- Steve

Edited by stever12

Guest paholman
I walked into the Cingular store yesterday to look into getting a 2125, walked out with a less-than-a-day-old 3125. So far so good, except...

After about 10 or so seconds of being anywhere but the home screen (specifically, PIE, Outlook, start menu), the phone automatically jumps back to the home screen. Not pushing any buttons, no other error messages. All I've done to it was install Opera and Google Maps. It didn't do this yesterday.

Tried turning it on and off a couple times, no success.

Thanks,

- Steve

Hi Steve,

Go to Start > Settings > Home Screen and check the "Time Out" value. it looks like you've got it set to "10 seconds".

:D

Guest stever12

It's a good thing idiots like me have folks like you out there. Thanks!

- Steve

Hi Steve,

Go to Start > Settings > Home Screen and check the "Time Out" value. it looks like you've got it set to "10 seconds".

:D

• 2 weeks later...

may I ask you, (or anyone for that matter) which version of opera (mobile, i presume)you installed? I haven't been able to get any to install, so I'm forced to use opera mini.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest artvandalay
may I ask you, (or anyone for that matter) which version of opera (mobile, i presume)you installed? I haven't been able to get any to install, so I'm forced to use opera mini.

I couldnt even get mini to work It says I dont have a connection. The gprs with edge works fine with Ie and Ive made sure that the midlet connection setting is to wap soo I dont know....