pim

Guest danktuft

Guest danktuft

Space, I need some space, so I was looking through my Vario 2 for files to delete. I came across one called pim, it's loose in 'my device' and is 13mb. Anyone know what it does and if it's safe to delete?

Guest MPXtricky

Stop syncing 5 years worth of historical Outlook entries and other crap, then it will reduce in size by itself. Mine is only 500K

Space, I need some space, so I was looking through my Vario 2 for files to delete. I came across one called pim, it's loose in 'my device' and is 13mb. Anyone know what it does and if it's safe to delete?

PIM is Personal Information Management (or someething very similar), so don't delete it! It stores almost EVERYTHING important / personal you have on your device within it.

As the above post suggested, try cutting back on what it is exactly your are syncronising.

Guest danktuft
Stop syncing 5 years worth of historical Outlook entries and other crap, then it will reduce in size by itself. Mine is only 500K

Yup, cut back the calendar from All to Last 3 Months and the file shrunk to 6mb. Thanks!

Guest nforsans
Yup, cut back the calendar from All to Last 3 Months and the file shrunk to 6mb. Thanks!

Easier said than done: when you select sync "the past three weks/months", it will not only stop synching appointments that are older than the past three months, but it will delete all appointments on the device that are older than the past three weeks/months.

If like me you want to have all your appointments on your device, then there does not seem to be any alternative but to select "all" and live with a 12MB pim file.

Ideally, I want the sync to operate only with all future appointments and those not older than say the past three weeks - but keep them all on my device (as I am unlikely to change the details of an appointment that is two years old, so I am not bothered if further changes to older appointments are not sync'ed with the pc).

Anybody knows how to do that?

Guest MPXtricky

6MB still = A VERY BUSY CALENDAR. If I were you I'd try deleting or reducing old or unwanted email content from the device too. I bet you'd free up at least another 5.5MB :D