Active Sync error

Guest DoubleCheese

Guest DoubleCheese

I have intalled Active Sync on my main PC and synced my SPV M500 and new Vario II successfully. I also have a laptop and the M500 is/was synced to it perfectly. Installed Active Sync 4.x (that came with the Vario II) onto the laptop to sync the Vario II with it.

The M500 syncs perfectly still but I get an error with the Vario II, its a long numerical code 85......?

Has anyone experienced this? Should I uninstall active sync and then reinstall AS 4.x from the disc?

I have intalled Active Sync on my main PC and synced my SPV M500 and new Vario II successfully. I also have a laptop and the M500 is/was synced to it perfectly. Installed Active Sync 4.x (that came with the Vario II) onto the laptop to sync the Vario II with it.

The M500 syncs perfectly still but I get an error with the Vario II, its a long numerical code 85......?

Has anyone experienced this? Should I uninstall active sync and then reinstall AS 4.x from the disc?

Always make sure you are using the newest version of Active Sync. The current version is 4.2, if required download if from the Microsoft website.

The particular 0x85... should help in identifying the exact nature of the problem, and therefore a fix.

If all else fails, on your Vario click on Start, Settings, Connections. In here you should see USB to PC (or something similar), uncheck this. Your WM5.0 device will no longer create a TCP/IP connection to your computer and make life syncing that much smoother (if of course you are using USB!).

:D

Edited by yrreP