MMS Messages

Guest 2brains

Hi all

i've received a few MMS messages since getting my Vario II a couple weeks back. Instead of appearing directly on the phone (as i used to get on my O2 Nokia), i just get a text message with a link+code to a website to get the message. I'm finding that i have to use my PC to get the message as first time the page wouldnt load in PIE, second time round the page loaded but was pretty much unusable in PIE.

Any Ideas?

That normally happens if the phone/sim has not been set to receive MMS messages. Call your operator and ask them to activate your phone to receive MMS.

Yeah, agreed. The CAB files on the device *should* auto install the required T-Mo MMS settings, so my guess is account.

Out of interest, what happens when you send yourself an MMS? Sounds a bit odd i know, but it is a good way to test.

Yeah, agreed. The CAB files on the device *should* auto install the required T-Mo MMS settings, so my guess is account.

Out of interest, what happens when you send yourself an MMS? Sounds a bit odd i know, but it is a good way to test.

Spoke to T-Mobile. You have to send a MMS yourself before MMS is activated. So Sent one out to a friend, and then got a "welcome" mms back from T-Mobile. I then sent myself one as suggested and seems to be working as expected

Thanks for the help !

Guest impossible

I had the same problems, pi$$ed me off that i had to activate my mms by sending myself one!

Also, upon signup i asked for there safe web service to be turned off, went to a site last night and it was blocked!

:D

Imp