Hurricane & WM2005-possible?

Guest dublicator

Guest The Doctor
See subject.

Sorry for my English

nope not as of yet. however as my bourbct is up for renewal soon i may try a custom rom i made to see if it works. don't reckon it'll work tin and i'll probably brick it. but hey i have insurance :D

phil

I'd be surprised if you succeeded The Doctor, not just because of this thread here but because no one has ever succeeded (be they SPV-Developers or XDA-Developers) in the lengthy time the Hurricane has been out.

Still, let us know how you get on if you decide to have a go...

Guest The Doctor
I'd be surprised if you succeeded The Doctor, not just because of this thread here but because no one has ever succeeded (be they SPV-Developers or XDA-Developers) in the lengthy time the Hurricane has been out.

Still, let us know how you get on if you decide to have a go...

Tbh i'll be suprised if it works too.... if orange decide to accept my insurance claim then i will flash my custom rom tot he c550 when i recieve a replacement phone. however i dont think anybody has tried flashing JUST the OS section of the rom... the all did a complete rom update which changed the bootloaders as well so you never know....

But like i said im only going to do it when i recieve a new phone from orange via claiming on insurance beforehand.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Doctor
Is there any hope to use i-mate SPL WM5 rom on c550? It has OMAP 730,QVGA and WM5.You can look here-"__tp://www.clubimate.com/t-DETAILS_SPL.aspx"

Still not the same processor, the c550 has a OMAP 750 not a 730.

phil

Guest The Doctor
Can you upload it somewhere please?

Uploading of a ROM would be against the forum rules...... :rolleyes:

However the SPL ROM can be found on the club imate ftp

As for WM5 on the Hurricane... DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FLASH A WM5 ROM TO THE HURRICANE!

Or even part of it for that matter.... even just the OS will brick it.

I'm a qualified idiot, and this was not my main phone - awarner (MVP)

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

• 1 month later...
Guest The Doctor
Have you got a link to the photos as I couldnt seem to find it on that site.

Thanks

Sam

That wasnt a hurricane, it was an Amadeus running the leaked typhoon WM5 ROM. Basically a typhoon with music buttons in an SDA II shell. So no QVGA or 1.3MP or TI OMAP 750 as you'll find inside a hurricane.

Phil

Guest awarner (MVP)

Don't forget ROMs are CPU dependant so if you try flashing a ROM from one device onto another with a different CPU then it's welcome to brick city.

I miss my C550 but hopefully it stopped a few ppl trying to be silly and flash WM5, but you never know.

Guest The Doctor
Don't forget ROMs are CPU dependant so if you try flashing a ROM from one device onto another with a different CPU then it's welcome to brick city.

I miss my C550 but hopefully it stopped a few ppl trying to be silly and flash WM5, but you never know.

If i ever find the JTAG points on my bricked C600 I'll be able to fix it, and as the Faraday and Hurricane have similar board layouts, chances are they'll be in the same place so i'll be able to fix yours too Ash....

WHEN i find the JTAG points....

Phil

• 1 month later...
Guest The Doctor
Hi all,

Please check that: http://www.ioicn.com.cn/home/html/200701/t189232.html. I am myself very surprised...

Pictures here: http://www.ioicn.com.cn/home/index.php/act...tid_186309.html

I don't understand Chinese, therefore can not make it out if a version exists in English. Can someone with this?

I tried flashing the OS part of this ROM and it promptly turned my c550 into a paperweight (went straight to bootloader as happens with WM5 on the c500 with a bootloader other than the 1.010.109 IU) :) however i still had a bootloader so i reflashed with the Qtek 8200 rom :D

I'm curious however as to whether this SPL will allow me to actually boot WM5 from that OS section i flashed...... May try later as my c550 is as good as a paperweight anyway (headset bug/dodgey joystick/generally 'well loved')

Phil

Guest The Doctor

OK, I bit the bullet and flashed the SPL posted on the website... it actually flashed and sucessfully booted afterwards :)

Then i put my phone in IU bootloader mode and uploaded the BIN OS image to my phone and Viola! I have WM5 on my HTC Hurricane :D

It is however, VERY buggy. The joystick doesnt work, its obv been ripped from the leaked typhoon wm5 image as all the icons etc are sized for 176x220 rather than QVGA. Doesn't 'wake up' correctly (screen just stays dark) Oh, and it's in chinese :D

Still, i can say i have WM5 running on my hurricane :D Now i'm going to go about improving it (replacing icons, start menu, language, t9 etc etc :D)

Phil

[EDIT: Wonders if a dumped i-mate SPL ROM will work.....]

Edited by The Doctor

Guest The Doctor

Actually, I can't upgrade/downgrade the ROM at all thanks to the IU bootloader i have on there..... I'll have to create an SD image from a shipped ROM or another SPL.

Put simpley.. upgrading your HTC hurricane is NOT a good idea, even for those of you who know what your doing :)

Phil

Hey Phil,

Thanks for trying, n thanks God if your C550 is still usable after that!

Looks like it won't be necessary to know more about what this chinese website says. I got interested after seeing the several smileys in the forum there, but it must have been people laughing.

As for mine, it is still being buggy, that is while placing a call it happens that the phone gets entirely stuck and that it is necessary to take the battery off. It's very irritating, knowing the call can not be stopped. I have the original Orange' rom, and wonder if another rom, such as qtek or imate's would improve the stability... Any advice appreciated.

Guest The Doctor
Hey Phil,

Thanks for trying, n thanks God if your C550 is still usable after that!

Looks like it won't be necessary to know more about what this chinese website says. I got interested after seeing the several smileys in the forum there, but it must have been people laughing.

As for mine, it is still being buggy, that is while placing a call it happens that the phone gets entirely stuck and that it is necessary to take the battery off. It's very irritating, knowing the call can not be stopped. I have the original Orange' rom, and wonder if another rom, such as qtek or imate's would improve the stability... Any advice appreciated.

The only 'fully' working ROM in english is the Tmobile SDA II ROM, downside being your music buttons will do random stuff instead of control WMP, i suggest you back up all your 'Short_APx.lnk' files before upgrading. There is a Qtek 8200 upgrade floating around somewhere but its all in russian, and while the OS can be changed to english, t9 is still in russian with no option/way of changing it :D

Check your PM for all the details i sent you :)

My C550 has become my 'test' device so to speak, it might as well be a brick for what it was designed to do, due to the headset problems i had earlier combined with annoying foreign languages :D but it can still serve a useful purpose as a learning tool :D

Phil

• 1 month later...
Guest lazaj007

hello, it will be something with this WM5 rom from china? or not? and what rom is the best for SPV C550? oryginal orange, qutek or SDA II?

thank for answer and soryy for my english

Guest jhils1
The only 'fully' working ROM in english is the Tmobile SDA II ROM, downside being your music buttons will do random stuff instead of control WMP, i suggest you back up all your 'Short_APx.lnk' files before upgrading. There is a Qtek 8200 upgrade floating around somewhere but its all in russian, and while the OS can be changed to english, t9 is still in russian with no option/way of changing it :)

Check your PM for all the details i sent you ;)

My C550 has become my 'test' device so to speak, it might as well be a brick for what it was designed to do, due to the headset problems i had earlier combined with annoying foreign languages :( but it can still serve a useful purpose as a learning tool :D

Phil

Cant you just go into windows and stick in "T9EnglishLdb.dll"? (appears on the standard ROM but could probably use

it from any WM 2003/5 device). Or am I missing something?

Guest The Doctor
Cant you just go into windows and stick in "T9EnglishLdb.dll"? (appears on the standard ROM but could probably use

it from any WM 2003/5 device). Or am I missing something?

Tried it and unfortunately it doesn't work :D Oh well, the Tmob ROM isn't too bad to live with ;)

Phil