PIE Plus - great software

Guest daddyo

Not seen this mentioned anywhere but just installed the trial of PIE plus and it turns PIE nto one great browsing package.

load of scrolling options and tweaks to the default browser.

Worth a look

Guest Paul (MVP)
Not seen this mentioned anywhere but just installed the trial of PIE plus and it turns PIE nto one great browsing package.

load of scrolling options and tweaks to the default browser.

Worth a look

Agreed... hence it's on my list of 'must have commercial software' (see pinned post in this forum!)

Are you using the option to use the WM5 style menu bar?

I assume you've turned the annoying 'page load sound' off ;-)

P

Agreed... hence it's on my list of 'must have commercial software' (see pinned post in this forum!)

Are you using the option to use the WM5 style menu bar?

I assume you've turned the annoying 'page load sound' off ;-)

P

Oops! missed it! sorry.

the sound thing was off by default, Just turned it on to try. Just turned it off again!

I like the menu bar along the botom so the WM5 menu bar option is off.

PIE Plus or Opera?

I've been using Opera for a few weeks now and found it excellent, particularly when compared to the vanilla PIE.

Has anyone out there used both PIE Plus and Opera, and could give pro's and con's for each?

Cheers,

Paul.

Has anyone out there used both PIE Plus and Opera, and could give pro's and con's for each?

well im new here so hi all!!!

i have used both so i will now list some of the best and worst features

PIE Plus

huge amount of additions to PIE

the best of which is the advanced full screen and screen drag

you can also set it to identify your PIE as IE 6 so you dont get any silly mobile pages

it also gives you a fully fledged menu bar which has nearly as many functions as IE6!!!

Opera

opera is great i found it that little bit faster and its integrated download manager is a big plus the biggest problem with though is that you need a huge amount of space for its cache so it is recommended that you install on a memory card

opera costs more and has less features also it isnt so integrated into the OS

hope those points helped

ryu

well im new here so hi all!!!

i have used both so i will now list some of the best and worst features

PIE Plus

huge amount of additions to PIE

the best of which is the advanced full screen and screen drag

you can also set it to identify your PIE as IE 6 so you dont get any silly mobile pages

it also gives you a fully fledged menu bar which has nearly as many functions as IE6!!!

Opera

opera is great i found it that little bit faster and its integrated download manager is a big plus the biggest problem with though is that you need a huge amount of space for its cache so it is recommended that you install on a memory card

opera costs more and has less features also it isnt so integrated into the OS

hope those points helped

ryu

Thanks kingryu,

I've since had a good play with PIE Plus as well as Opera, and in the main find it a better experience that Opera. For instance, switching to and from full screen is a tad easier in PIE Plus. Screen dragging also works well. PIE Plus has more options to customise as well.

I agree with you that the download manager in Opera is better that PIE. Before you download a file it lets you know the file size, which if its too big you may then decide not to bother.

As for the cost of Opera, remember you can get it free as part of the Modaco Plus membership. That was one reason why I joined.

Paul B.

Guest richard_d
Thanks kingryu,

I've since had a good play with PIE Plus as well as Opera, and in the main find it a better experience that Opera. For instance, switching to and from full screen is a tad easier in PIE Plus. Screen dragging also works well. PIE Plus has more options to customise as well.

I agree with you that the download manager in Opera is better that PIE. Before you download a file it lets you know the file size, which if its too big you may then decide not to bother.

As for the cost of Opera, remember you can get it free as part of the Modaco Plus membership. That was one reason why I joined.

Paul B.

How similar is PIE plus to the PIE extensions in SPB Pocketplus?

Richard