C550 Cracked LCD

Guest ripnet

Hi,

Last week I lent on my C550 with my knee. When i took it out my pocket, the LCD was cracked in 2 places, and the screen was covered with 'pretty' patterns. The phone works, as it can still receive incoming calls.

Its not the end of the work tho, as I recently upgraded to a Hermes, and was only using the C550 as I was on a beach, and didnt want the Hermes to get trashed. Thank f**k it wasnt the Hermes.

The C550 also has a dodgy keypad.

My question is - is it economical to repair the LCD and keypad, given that new C550's are going for

Guest The Doctor
Hi,

Last week I lent on my C550 with my knee. When i took it out my pocket, the LCD was cracked in 2 places, and the screen was covered with 'pretty' patterns. The phone works, as it can still receive incoming calls.

Its not the end of the work tho, as I recently upgraded to a Hermes, and was only using the C550 as I was on a beach, and didnt want the Hermes to get trashed. Thank f**k it wasnt the Hermes.

The C550 also has a dodgy keypad.

My question is - is it economical to repair the LCD and keypad, given that new C550's are going for

• 1 month later...

I cracked my LCD when fitting a new fascia! :(

I'm gutted now, but I've found SPV C550 LCDs on eBay for £20 + p&p which I found quite reasonable.

I don't know the best way to go around it - I've had my phone since about 4 months now. How much does HTC charge for parts/repair?

Guest The Doctor

I'm gutted now, but I've found SPV C550 LCDs on eBay for £20 + p&p which I found quite reasonable.

I don't know the best way to go around it - I've had my phone since about 4 months now. How much does HTC charge for parts/repair?

HTC dont sell parts :) Repair for a screen is approx £80 inc labour VAT etc

Instructions for replacing the screen are HERE

Phil

Guest FerretAD

I could do with that C550 - My case is scratched to hell and my 2.5mm headphone port has broken off.

So I could transfer my screen and keypad to it.

Let me know if you still want to get rid of it :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Ferret !

Oh, and just remembered, my camera is screwed too: http://www.modaco.com/I-think-my-camera-is...en-t247833.html

Edited by FerretAD

Guest The Doctor
I could do with that C550 - My case is scratched to hell and my 2.5mm headphone port has broken off.

So I could transfer my screen and keypad to it.

Let me know if you still want to get rid of it :(

Thanks,

Ferret !

Oh, and just remembered, my camera is screwed too: http://www.modaco.com/I-think-my-camera-is...en-t247833.html

sorry ferret but i've got it (huge thanks to ripnet again)

New cases go for £20 on ebay though.....

As for the headphone socket on it, it recently started getting stuck in headset mode :rolleyes: but managed to fix it only last night by pulling it off the mainboard taking the socket apart, cleaning it, putting it back together then soldering it back on :)

regarding your headphone socket, if you still have it i'll happily solder it back onto the baord for you like i did for mini_man when his fell off, also fitted the new housings for him as he bought them off ebay so if you can provide the housing i'll fit that while i'm at it ;) if you buy it from fluffcat1 see if he can throw in a c550 camera assembley with it.

best of all.... i'll do it all for free ;) just send the postage cost to send it back (around £2 will cover it)

hope the above helps

Phil

Guest geordieskinheed

Where abouts on ebay are these screens,i can't find any?cheers.