TenGO problems...

Guest ptwilliams

Guest ptwilliams

After several recommendations on this, and other forums, decided to install TenGO as a phone pad alternative.

It installs fine, accepts the registration key, but then you cant actually select it as an input method.

You tap the keyboard symbol, select Tengo, and then nothing happens. The traditional on screen keyboard remains.

You can access the Options under Settings and Input but can never select it as an input method.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Guest MARKUKCOUK
After several recommendations on this, and other forums, decided to install TenGO as a phone pad alternative.

It installs fine, accepts the registration key, but then you cant actually select it as an input method.

You tap the keyboard symbol, select Tengo, and then nothing happens. The traditional on screen keyboard remains.

You can access the Options under Settings and Input but can never select it as an input method.

Has anyone else had this problem?

This seems a problem with the M3100, and TTYN roms (I say this because I've seen this problem on both).

It is extremely hard to get any none-built in SIP to work. Phone Pad also suffers.

Loads of people have loads of different ideas to the reasons why but...

1) Try doing a hard reset, and not allow customisation. It nearly always works like this (but obviously completely useless!

2) try rebooting, with the storage card out. No idea why this should work, but it has for me in the past.

Guest MPXtricky

Phonepad is a better bet. Good old T9 on the tap screen - you can't beat it :D

I've found if you go into TenGO options and set it as the default, then warm boot the device, TenGO will now be selectable.

I was having problems getting TenGO to stay selected after reset or power off, even thou it was set in settings as the default. SIPChange sorted it out for me.

Thou i have just put on PhonePad to give it a go, i like it, but sometimes if i have been using TenGO, or maybe standard keyboard, PhonePad cant be selected again, just shows standard keyboard :D

Guest undergrid
Phonepad is a better bet. Good old T9 on the tap screen - you can't beat it :D

I tried phonepad, and it worked ok, but I found that after 12 or 13 hours the SIP refused to display even if I changed it back to one of the built-in ones and I'd have to warm boot to get it back. Once I got TenGO working its kept going ever since.

Guest MPXtricky

Open Opera browser and use Tengo to enter 'Windows' into the Google search text box.... it ain't easy :D

With Phonepad, it's a breeze. That's not to say Phonepad doesn't have it's own odd 'features', cuz it does

Each to his own I guess

Can't agree with you there I prefer TenGo, can not get used to phonepad.

Open Opera browser and use Tengo to enter 'Windows' into the Google search text box.... it ain't easy :D

With Phonepad, it's a breeze. That's not to say Phonepad doesn't have it's own odd 'features', cuz it does

Each to his own I guess

I'm having the same problems with TenGo, trying to use their thumb pocket app. It's there but when selected nothing happens.

What's phonepad and where can I get it?

Whether you use PhonePad or Tengo, you can force the default input method by using SipChange.

http://www.pdagold.com/software/detail.asp?s=1312

It loads on startup and sets the chosen input method as default. Never caused me a problem so far.

M

I'm having the same problems with TenGo, trying to use their thumb pocket app. It's there but when selected nothing happens.

What's phonepad and where can I get it?

EVERYONE KNOWS ALL THAT BUT IT DOESN'T WORK! <_<

Install SIPChange, TenGO, PhonePad, what the hell ever else, but the PRoBLEM is that:

- tengo doesn't remain selected, or

- phonepad doesn't remain selected, or

- the horrible default keyboard keeps reappearing

Now does anyone know how to fix the problem??

Guest MPXtricky

I don't have any problems with it. Just went to create a new txt message and Phonepad was still there.

Click Start, Settings, Input -what is highlighted in the 'Input method' drop-down box?

EVERYONE KNOWS ALL THAT BUT IT DOESN'T WORK! <_<

Install SIPChange, TenGO, PhonePad, what the hell ever else, but the PRoBLEM is that:

- tengo doesn't remain selected, or

- phonepad doesn't remain selected, or

- the horrible default keyboard keeps reappearing

Now does anyone know how to fix the problem??