Couple of issues

Guest Dakers

Got a Vario II with a couple of keyboard issues.

1) I can't get the keyboard backlight to come on any more. I've tried covering the sensor and pressing any button. I've soft reset a few times, and I've disabled and re-enabled the option to use the use the Keyboard Backlight Auto Sensor. When I've searched for it on the forums, people's have just started working again.

2) The slide out keyboard stopped working while I was in the middle of a long email. None of the buttons worked out at all. Tried closing, and reopening, still dead. Ended up having to finish off the email using the on screen keyboard. A soft reset fixed it this time. Just curious if anyone else has seen that?

3) Getting 3G seems really hit and miss. I'll sometimes have it when I first start the machine up, then it might disappear, then come back, then disappear completely for the rest of the session. All this while it's stationary on my desk, and I'm just sitting watching it. Just powered the phone off again now as I'm typing, and can't get this to come back at all. I've only seen the 3G icon for a couple of times, and most of the time I just get the normal antenna symbol. Is this more than likely a network rather than hardware issue? I did the online checker while I ordered online, and it came back as excellent 3g coverage, so I've got the 14 days to test it thoroughly.

Cheers for everyone's help on the forums, you guys have an excellent thing going here.

Paul