Orange Stock Levels

Guest Bennington

Guest Bennington

Hi,

I spoke to Orange Retensions today (Monday 18/09) and was told they were out of stock and that i would be put on a list.

Going on other peoples experiences expressed on this forum, i don't hold out much hope of getting a call anytime soon.

I was hoping that someone may be able to shed some light on when they might come back into stock, or any tips people might have to get my hands on one sooner.

Thanks,

Guest deadnought
Ring and pester them everyday (or as often as you can bring yourself to). Don't rely on getting a call back from them.

The shops have stock priority according to a CS rep I spoke to, might be worth doing it in person at a store (I know, I know, the prospect filled me with dread too :D )

Guest Bennington
The shops have stock priority according to a CS rep I spoke to, might be worth doing it in person at a store (I know, I know, the prospect filled me with dread too :D )

I popped down to the store in portsmouth today, but they said it would be

Guest Trancemaster

You'll be bloody lucky to get it free from an O shop, they wanted

Guest sporkguy

haha no way!

I used to work in Orange Retail and I can honestly say that Telesales gets the priority in 9 cases out of 10.

Bennington: whatever you do, don't wait for that call back - if you really must stay with Orange, be sure to call them daily or every other day - the retentions team have big issues with calling ppl back.

Failing that, have a look elsewhere for a similar deal where the handset is in stock - remember, you can always port your number over to another network.

HTH

Nothing like be treated equally eh? :D

I have been waiting 3 weeks now for my m3100. I still have my m5000 which now has aku2 and Tomtom 6.

I may switch to the sony 990i when it comes out, since the retail price of the sony 990i will be over

Ring and pester them everyday (or as often as you can bring yourself to). Don't rely on getting a call back from them.

I would only see the point in pestering them if you spoke to the same person every time. As it is, you speak to a different person each time and they give you the same story... "the phone is on back order and they are working through the list, when they get to your name you will receive a phone call...."

I've been on the list since 22nd Aug and I've called every other day, just have to sit tight & wait. There are other phones like the K800 on back order so the so called 'list' just doesn't include the M3100.

Guest sameerabedi
I have been waiting 3 weeks now for my m3100. I still have my m5000 which now has aku2 and Tomtom 6.

I may switch to the sony 990i when it comes out, since the retail price of the sony 990i will be over

Guest Trancemaster
I would only see the point in pestering them if you spoke to the same person every time. As it is, you speak to a different person each time and they give you the same story... "the phone is on back order and they are working through the list, when they get to your name you will receive a phone call...."

I've been on the list since 22nd Aug and I've called every other day, just have to sit tight & wait. There are other phones like the K800 on back order so the so called 'list' just doesn't include the M3100.

Yeah, except for the fact that I was on a "priority" upgrade list and was expecting a call as well. Kept ringing them and chasing and kept getting told I would DEFINITELY get a call when they were back in stock. Came on here one evening to find posts from people that day who had called upgrades and been allocated an M3100 straight away, ie, no waiting list. Called them at 8:30am the next day and got myself one. I hate to think how long I might have waited if I hadn't pestered them. The rule doesn't just got for O of course, any CS rep who claims that someone will call you back later or at "X" time is probably just clutching at straws to get you off the phone.

Yeah, except for the fact that I was on a "priority" upgrade list and was expecting a call as well. Kept ringing them and chasing and kept getting told I would DEFINITELY get a call when they were back in stock. Came on here one evening to find posts from people that day who had called upgrades and been allocated an M3100 straight away, ie, no waiting list. Called them at 8:30am the next day and got myself one. I hate to think how long I might have waited if I hadn't pestered them. The rule doesn't just got for O of course, any CS rep who claims that someone will call you back later or at "X" time is probably just clutching at straws to get you off the phone.
I saw the same thing about people getting phones but still got the same reply... I was told today that they will start calling people tomorrow. We will see. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sameerabedi

I've finally been able to order the SPV M3100 on a free upgrade continuing on my select 500 talk plan and OWU bundle for

Edited by sameerabedi

Guest meshio

i received a call after 4 days, saying that my order has arrived.. and i will be receiving my phone 2moro :) followed what you all said, and pestered everyday!