Blown right hand speaker on vario, any way of disabling but still leaving the left speaker enabled

Guest Damiantmc

Guest Damiantmc

I was playing quiet music and so used the preamp increase in TCPMP to turn the volume up, then accidently played a louder track at the increased volume. This resulted in blowing my right speaker and is now very distorted. the left speaker is ok as if u hold a finger over the speaker hole on the right side the distortion goes away. Anyone know (or be able to find) a way to disable just the right speaker?

I'm thinking it may be able to be done as they are stereo speakers and maybe if it was made into mono through the left speaker?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Regards

Damian

Guest PayableOnDeath

There might be a way of doing it in the software but you try

putting sticky tape over the hole that might do the same as putting your finger over it

open up the phone and disconnect the speaker

or maybe reencode all your music in to stero on just the one chanel so it will play only out of one side

other than am not sure what else to try

Guest minty1978

on page 80 of the above, there is a complete part number listing..i guess the replacements are available from HTC service centres..

Edited by minty1978

Guest Damiantmc

Thanks for the replys guys, but i convinced myself it was time for a new phone and so..... went and got myself a shiny new Vario 2!!! :)

Got it on Flext35 with web and walk, plus got a free bluetooth headset :rolleyes:

Will still look into fixing the speaker as i can use it as a spare, but somehow my new toy is taking priority :(

cheers

DTMc