CamerAware is now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Mobile spots are in the DB and are alerted like any other, I actually turn em off tho, as there's too many :(

European coverage is growing all the time, I used it in France and had a lot of alerts. I'll rustle up a coverage map for ya...

P

Guest Belgarath Krall
European coverage is growing all the time, I used it in France and had a lot of alerts. I'll rustle up a coverage map for ya...

P

Tasty, thanks v much

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spacey7
[teaser]
camerawarefinal1.png

What is CamerAware?

CamerAware is an application for your Windows Mobile Smartphone / Pocket PC that works in tandem with an internal, wired or Bluetooth GPS to monitor your position as you drive, and alert you when you come in range of a 'Safety Camera'.

By checking your position every second against a database of known cameras, CamerAware can help you be a safer driver, and of course help protect you against fines and penalty points for inadvertently speeding past a Camera.

A CamerAware licence, sold at a one-off fee of �19.99 (�9.99 for MoDaCo Plus members), includes lifetime application updates, as well as a FREE licence to the MoDaCo Camera database - a database that is officially licenced from one of the best known suppliers of Safety Camera locations, together with CamerAware customisations. The database provides excellent UK coverage and partial European coverage, with over 10,000 cameras! USA support is also planned for future updates.

What do I need to run CamerAware?

The follow platforms are suitable for use with MoDaCo CamerAware:

- Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC 320x240 (Portrait or Landscape)

- Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC 640x480 (Portrait or Landscape)

- Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC 240x240 (Square Screen)

- Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone 320x240 (Portrait or Landscape)

- Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone 176x220 (Portrait)

- Windows Mobile 2003 / SE Pocket PC 320x240 (Portrait or Landscape)

In addition to a supported device, you will require GPS hardware, either integrated, wired or Bluetooth.

Visit the 'CamerAware Requirements' topic if you would like to know more about the requirements!

How do I know if my particular device / Bluetooth configuration is supported?

The best way to be sure that your configuration is supported before purchasing the application is to try it! :) CamerAware can be downloaded and installed free of charge, allowing you to check that it connects to your GPS and runs correctly. When you are happy that this is the case, you can then purchase a serial number and activation code to enable alerting functionality.

With the base CamerAware download, you can connect to your GPS, see your speed and heading, and be sure that it is working correctly.

Will CamerAware work with my navigation software?

CamerAware is designed to run as a standalone application, rather than to integrate or run alongside any navigation software. However, CamerAware is designed in such a way that should you choose to run it at the same time as your navigation software, it may well work, although this is an unsupported configuration.[/teaser]

Are you going to be updating CamerAware in the future?

Yes! We are constantly improving and updating CamerAware, and there is already a list of features that are planned for future releases! As a CamerAware customer, you will also be able to input into it's development!

CamerAware includes an online update feature in the application itself, enabling you to instantly check for - and install - new releases.

How often is the Camera database updated?

The Camera database is generally updated at least once a month, sometimes even more often! The Camera database too can also be downloaded directly within the application itself, over-the-air!

What does CamerAware look like?

Look at the picture above :D CamerAware is fully skinnable, so if you so desire, you can make it look however you want! You can also fully customise the CamerAware alert sounds. More screenshots area available in the 'CamerAware Screenshots' topic.

Anything else?

CamerAware also offers the facility to upload your position to our servers once every minute, in great detail! If you are on a flat rate data plan, this allows you to publish your location, and is very cool! The interface is currently very simple, although significant enhancements are planned in the future.

One last thing... how do I get support?

Support is available via the MoDaCo CamerAware forum at MoDaCo, where you will receive excellent support from the development team, and your peers. This is also the place to suggest new features for version 2 :D

OK, i'm ready to go... where do I get it?

Check out the 'Complete getting started with CamerAware guide'.

When you are ready to purchase, please visit the 'Buying Cameraware' page.

Guest spacey7

:) Excuse me, ifeel a bit dim here? But i have a Nokia N70 & im thinking about getting a Sony Ericsson {W800i}? So wondered if you can get a GPS application for either of these phones? If not what phones do have it except the Nokia N95, as im not quite flush enough to go to that price range. Or is this Cam'Aware for the seperate GPS units only? See said i wasn't with it! Ha Ha :D This 'CameraAware' is just perfect, what a good idea!! :D It could be mine and my beloved classic Golfs saving grace, as he,s a wicked motor, but never see's the bloomin camera's?{Always going too fast i suppose?} :D Bring on the Cam'Aware! :D

• 5 weeks later...
Guest martinb999

So is there an explanation anywhere of what is seen on the screen? What does the big green box on the right mean, and the two small yellow and blue boxes, what do they represent etc? I cannot find the explanation anywhere in any of the information about the programme.

Guest Paul (MVP)

A new manual will be online shortly, the green box changes from green to yellow to red depending on the status. Green is no cameras within a mile, yellow is cameras within a mile, red is a sliding bar as you approach a camera that is a 'threat'.

The yellow and red boxes with numbers show the number of cameras of that type.

P

evening Paul,

any idea how long it'll be till i get a registration code? i only ask as i suspect that this is the reason why the cameraware part isn't working but the navizon stuff is...

thanks in advance :)

G

Guest martinb999

Great. Look forward to that Paul.

A new manual will be online shortly, the green box changes from green to yellow to red depending on the status. Green is no cameras within a mile, yellow is cameras within a mile, red is a sliding bar as you approach a camera that is a 'threat'.

The yellow and red boxes with numbers show the number of cameras of that type.

P

Guest timmsi1

Quick Question

I find Tomtom annoying in that I have to set a route if I want to be warned if a speed camera is on my route. I don;t want to be warned if there is a camera on a side street.

Does Cameraware do this or does it just warn that there is a camera within my vicinity?

Guest Paul (MVP)

CamerAware warns you if there is a camera you are approaching. If it's facing the opposite way (and we have directional data) or if you aren't heading towards it, you won't be warned. Gnerally, you get very few 'false alarms' in my experience.

P

• 3 months later...
Guest zenkinz

hi, what's the format of your database? Understand your coverage is just UK/Europe, but if we have a list of speed (and redlight) camera positions, would you be able to compile for our use (in Singapore)?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest OffBeatMammal

just wondering if there are plans to work with (say) Trapster.com to provide US data?

In Washington (for instance) there are very few fixed cameras but there are a number of places the police like to hang out, and the Trapster database/mobile app help with keeping you on your toes....

Trapster also works with the new Dash.Net GPS device (a great idea, but doesn't support a back-up camera input which is a shame) to provide live updates over the air....

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
thanks paul B)

i just saw the relevant utube video...

i guess with this "slow" car you have such tool is a must...

does the database covers greece speed cams also ?

those are a great pain also here... have to travel to my home town every 4-6 months and its about 665 km with many cams, that are getting more and more every year..

~~~~

more on omnia

http://omnia.servehttp.com/omnia/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest vbrsekhar
Nice One!! Pity I dont drive...yet :rolleyes:

Hi Guys! I am an omnia user from newzealand. i am wondering whether this camera aware software is functional in New Zealand ? I mean to say, does this software has New Zealand camera's database ???

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ray of Sunshine
[teaser]
camerawarefinal1.png

What is CamerAware?

CamerAware is an application for your Windows Mobile Smartphone / Pocket PC that works in tandem with an internal, wired or Bluetooth GPS to monitor your position as you drive, and alert you when you come in range of a 'Safety Camera'.

By checking your position every second against a database of known cameras, CamerAware can help you be a safer driver, and of course help protect you against fines and penalty points for inadvertently speeding past a Camera.

A CamerAware licence, sold at a one-off fee of �19.99 (�9.99 for MoDaCo Plus members), includes lifetime application updates, as well as a FREE licence to the MoDaCo Camera database - a database that is officially licenced from one of the best known suppliers of Safety Camera locations, together with CamerAware customisations. The database provides excellent UK coverage and partial European coverage, with over 10,000 cameras! USA support is also planned for future updates.

What do I need to run CamerAware?

The follow platforms are suitable for use with MoDaCo CamerAware:

- Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC 320x240 (Portrait or Landscape)

- Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC 640x480 (Portrait or Landscape)

- Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC 240x240 (Square Screen)

- Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone 320x240 (Portrait or Landscape)

- Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone 176x220 (Portrait)

- Windows Mobile 2003 / SE Pocket PC 320x240 (Portrait or Landscape)

In addition to a supported device, you will require GPS hardware, either integrated, wired or Bluetooth.

Visit the 'CamerAware Requirements' topic if you would like to know more about the requirements!

How do I know if my particular device / Bluetooth configuration is supported?

The best way to be sure that your configuration is supported before purchasing the application is to try it! :D CamerAware can be downloaded and installed free of charge, allowing you to check that it connects to your GPS and runs correctly. When you are happy that this is the case, you can then purchase a serial number and activation code to enable alerting functionality.

With the base CamerAware download, you can connect to your GPS, see your speed and heading, and be sure that it is working correctly.

Will CamerAware work with my navigation software?

CamerAware is designed to run as a standalone application, rather than to integrate or run alongside any navigation software. However, CamerAware is designed in such a way that should you choose to run it at the same time as your navigation software, it may well work, although this is an unsupported configuration.[/teaser]

Are you going to be updating CamerAware in the future?

Yes! We are constantly improving and updating CamerAware, and there is already a list of features that are planned for future releases! As a CamerAware customer, you will also be able to input into it's development!

CamerAware includes an online update feature in the application itself, enabling you to instantly check for - and install - new releases.

How often is the Camera database updated?

The Camera database is generally updated at least once a month, sometimes even more often! The Camera database too can also be downloaded directly within the application itself, over-the-air!

What does CamerAware look like?

Look at the picture above :) CamerAware is fully skinnable, so if you so desire, you can make it look however you want! You can also fully customise the CamerAware alert sounds. More screenshots area available in the 'CamerAware Screenshots' topic.

Anything else?

CamerAware also offers the facility to upload your position to our servers once every minute, in great detail! If you are on a flat rate data plan, this allows you to publish your location, and is very cool! The interface is currently very simple, although significant enhancements are planned in the future.

One last thing... how do I get support?

Support is available via the MoDaCo CamerAware forum at MoDaCo, where you will receive excellent support from the development team, and your peers. This is also the place to suggest new features for version 2 ;)

OK, i'm ready to go... where do I get it?

Check out the 'Complete getting started with CamerAware guide'.

When you are ready to purchase, please visit the 'Buying Cameraware' page.

I may seem completely blind but where is the download link for the trial software? :)

• 9 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.