Bluetooth headset - no beep on voice dial

Guest jecuk

Hi. with my JX-10 Jabra headset, I used to get a beep after pressing the button to show that the phone was ready for voice dialling. On the Vario II, I get silence. The headset does work and voice dialling also seems to work but it would be better to get an indication that hte phone is ready to listen.

Ideally I would record the voice tags through the headset but I can't seem to get that to work either.

More generally, how can I use the headset to listen to mono audio (if possible). There is no headset profile listed for the headset even though it is supposed to have it along with a handsfree profile.

Any thoughts?

Edited by jecuk

There is no headset profile listed for the headset even though it is supposed to have it along with a handsfree profile.

Any thoughts?

I do not know this device - but is it like my BT250 in that you have to select which profile to use when you pair the handset/headset?

[Just checked the manual - looks like I was talking out of my.......]

Just a thought.

Edited by mwright

• 4 weeks later...
Guest phillim
Hi. with my JX-10 Jabra headset, I used to get a beep after pressing the button to show that the phone was ready for voice dialling. On the Vario II, I get silence. The headset does work and voice dialling also seems to work but it would be better to get an indication that hte phone is ready to listen.

Ideally I would record the voice tags through the headset but I can't seem to get that to work either.

Did you ever find out how to fix this? I have the same issue with my Sony Ericsson hedset but it appears to be related to when I connect the headset. If I connect immediately after a soft reset then the beep and the voice tags are sent to the headset; if I connect after previously using the device (sorry, no analysis of what kind of usage) then the beep and voice tag come from the phone speaker but the headset works OK for the call.

Mark

More generally, how can I use the headset to listen to mono audio (if possible). There is no headset profile listed for the headset even though it is supposed to have it along with a handsfree profile.

Any thoughts?

I have the same problem, although I have got used to the timing now!

• 4 weeks later...
What I want to do is start Microsoft Voice Command with my headset, not the voice dialler. Any ideas?

I think I saw a reg edit for this over on XDA developers a while ago, might be worth a search?

Guest mkent_barbados
I think I saw a reg edit for this over on XDA developers a while ago, might be worth a search?

Found it, thanks for the tip. Doesn't work so well unfortunately :)

Guest davidjtaylor

Any thoughts?

I too have this problem with my new vario2, i have a SE headset (the one with the caller display - cant remember model number) when i press the voice dial button on the headset i dont hear the usual bleep, to let me know when to speak, all that happens is the "bleep" comes through the phones speaker. however i have also found that after a soft reset its works fine and the headset speaker is used. does anyone know why this is the case? is it a problem with the software or is it a fault with the handset? i am still in my 14 days to return the handset so any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

dave

Guest davidjtaylor
I too have this problem with my new vario2, i have a SE headset (the one with the caller display - cant remember model number) when i press the voice dial button on the headset i dont hear the usual bleep, to let me know when to speak, all that happens is the "bleep" comes through the phones speaker. however i have also found that after a soft reset its works fine and the headset speaker is used. does anyone know why this is the case? is it a problem with the software or is it a fault with the handset? i am still in my 14 days to return the handset so any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

dave

An interesting twist, got out my old Jabra 250 headset and guess what it works perfectly, press voice dial button and you get the bleep through the headset everytime. Now the thing is my Sony Erricson (Akone -the one with display bought about 12 months ago) headset is newer than the jabra, so it seems to be a problem with the headset, but dont really understand why (bluetooth profile problem maybe?)

Now could someone do me a big favour, could you please post in this thread if your headset does NOT have any of these issues with the T Mobile Vario2 (Vario2 only please, just to keep it simple) and also what brand/model of headset you use.

Many Thanks

Dave :)

My iTech clip headset does have this problem with the Vario II my much newer TMobile branded headset (cheap one with three different coloured clip on covers - can't remember brand but not Sony or anyone like that) doesn't have the problem.

Guest davidjtaylor
My iTech clip headset does have this problem with the Vario II my much newer TMobile branded headset (cheap one with three different coloured clip on covers - can't remember brand but not Sony or anyone like that) doesn't have the problem.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be, i know when i soft reset the problem goes away and I can use my sony erricson (SE HBH-662 btw) with no problems, but this is short lived and soon the bleep goes back to the phones speaker. I guess it not a phone hardware problem which is a releif, it must be a software bug, but I am confused as to whether its my SE headset or a bug in the phone, as the jabra 250 works ok, it points to the headset, But why??? :)

dave