ActiveSync 4.5 beta 2

Guest randomelements

Guest randomelements

I know a number of people have been reporting problems with ActiveSync dropping off the connection to the phone etc. so it might be worth a having a go with 4.5 Beta 2 (see Bink.nu here)

As he says:

Changes in ActiveSync 4.5 Beta 2 help resolve issues related to setup, partnerships, and connectivity with the PC and Microsoft Exchange

For all those "bleeding edgers" out there.

Cheers,

Colin.

Guest fantastic_mr_q

For all those people having problems with ACTIVESYNC just go into USB settings and switch off extended functionality, Makes it quicker, more relliable, and it never freezes out! Also WM5TORAGE works too!! YAY!

This is brilliant. It has completely solved the issue I was having of activesync crashing when trying to sync the calendar between two PCs. All my calendar items from my work PC would sync fine, but as soon as I repeated the excercise at home it would sync 50 items and then activesync would crash so I would be forced to uncheck calendar in the options and go without.

Compared to Palm's Hotsync, Activesync is still a pile of poop, but at least they're getting there.

For all those people having problems with ACTIVESYNC just go into USB settings and switch off extended functionality, Makes it quicker, more relliable, and it never freezes out! Also WM5TORAGE works too!! YAY!

Sorry - could you expand on that a bit please?

I cannot find any USB settings within ActiveSync - or is that somewhere else?

Cheers

Guest randomelements

Cheers

On the phone itself, Start - Settings - Connections. Go in to USB to PC and untick the box.

Guest randomelements
Note, installing the 4.5 beta will blat your 'add-remove programs' menu on the machine you install it on.

P

Don't seem to have a problem here. Add/Remove programs seems OK, the entry is in place and the icon updated for it.

Whag sort of "blatting" have you seen?

Guest Confucious

No save password checkbox on the password entry screen.

The icon's changed :rolleyes:

I didn't lose my add/remove programs

Just my initial observations - Installed it at least 30 secs ago!

Guest fantastic_mr_q

mwright

"Sorry - could you expand on that a bit please?

Cheers"

With the phone plugged in to usb go to settings --> connections --> usb settings and untick the box.

Dr Who

"Also WM5TORAGE works too!! YAY!"

Not on my Vario II it don't.

What version of WM5torage are you using? Im using 1.6 with Read-Only unticked and Removable Class ticked. Both LEDs are #1 and it works fine, I know a number of people it works fine with, wouldnt have a clue why it doesnt with you?

I had a quite a few programs installed on PC but not on PPC - these have disappeared from the add/remove programs screen. Has anyone tried Wi-Fi syncing yet?

No save password checkbox on the password entry screen.

The icon's changed :rolleyes:

I didn't lose my add/remove programs

Just my initial observations - Installed it at least 30 secs ago!

So is it possible to sync over WLAN now then?.....I see the option in activesync to enable this.....but nothing from the phone is there some sort of registry edit to enable this with the handset?

Edited by J273

What version of WM5torage are you using? Im using 1.6 with Read-Only unticked and Removable Class ticked. Both LEDs are #1 and it works fine, I know a number of people it works fine with, wouldnt have a clue why it doesnt with you?

Hmmm, I have version 1.72. Do you know a link to 1.6 or could you make it available?

Hmmm, I have version 1.72. Do you know a link to 1.6 or could you make it available?

Someone asked the same question in another thread recently.....think the answer was "it's on xda-developers somewhere, just do a search"...... :rolleyes:

HTH, Mark.

mwright

"Sorry - could you expand on that a bit please?

Cheers"

With the phone plugged in to usb go to settings --> connections --> usb settings and untick the box.

Doh - didn't think to look there!

Cheers

Guest unfitguy

have too spotted the "allow wireless connections on device when connected on the desktop" does this mean we should be able to do a wifi sync or is it something completely different

Cheers

unfitguy