Please help me choose a PocketPC like the treo 700 or Nokia E61

Guest Biglad_UK

Guest Biglad_UK

I've been out of the Windows Powered Pocket PC/PDA/Phone market for some years as i've dedicated my life to apple but last week I bought a Dell XPS M1210 and am getting back into Windows :-(

Anyway, I'm wanting to get a PDA Phone that has a full keyboard but is small so something like the Treo 700 or a Nokia E61....but with the following must haves

1,Must be thin

2,Must rub Windows Mobile 5

3,Must have BT & Wifi

4,Must look cool.

I have seen the P51 from Benq-Siemens but it looks a bit thick and I've also seen the UBiQUiO 501 and this might be perfect but wondered if there are other options maybe HP do one that can be recommened ?

I've also seen the offering from I-Mate and although it might be a little thick it's missing Wi-Fi

So to sum up I guess I'm looking for a blackberry type device that is small but runs WM5.

Thanks

Si

Guest richard_d
I've been out of the Windows Powered Pocket PC/PDA/Phone market for some years as i've dedicated my life to apple but last week I bought a Dell XPS M1210 and am getting back into Windows :-(

Anyway, I'm wanting to get a PDA Phone that has a full keyboard but is small so something like the Treo 700 or a Nokia E61....but with the following must haves

1,Must be thin

2,Must rub Windows Mobile 5

3,Must have BT & Wifi

4,Must look cool.

I have seen the P51 from Benq-Siemens but it looks a bit thick and I've also seen the UBiQUiO 501 and this might be perfect but wondered if there are other options maybe HP do one that can be recommened ?

I've also seen the offering from I-Mate and although it might be a little thick it's missing Wi-Fi

So to sum up I guess I'm looking for a blackberry type device that is small but runs WM5.

Thanks

Si

I suppose the HTC Hermes offerings with the sliding keyboard are too thick? They're small though...

Richard

Guest Biglad_UK
I suppose the HTC Hermes offerings with the sliding keyboard are too thick? They're small though...

Richard

WOW that is super featured but I'm after something with the keyboard on the front for a more Phone like experience plus I won't use it for watching films or SatNav so the screen doesn't need to be massive.

Oh, and too think really as you though but thanks though.

Si

Guest richard_d
WOW that is super featured but I'm after something with the keyboard on the front for a more Phone like experience plus I won't use it for watching films or SatNav so the screen doesn't need to be massive.

Oh, and too think really as you though but thanks though.

Si

Sounds like you're after a Smartphone rather than Pocket PC - have a look in that area of the site. Personally I'm not keen on very thin devices - but I can see their appeal.

Richard

Edited by richard_d