New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

The purpose of the app is to prevent applications from starting up a data connection. If you've already got one open then you'll need to close it manually. :)

Guest george759
The purpose of the app is to prevent applications from starting up a data connection. If you've already got one open then you'll need to close it manually. :D

What you are saying it makes completely sense.

Let me ask you something. When

1. you first setup the No DATA

2. should there any connections take place - WITHOUT YOUR OK - to a specific network although set as "DISABLED", without my OK ? and of course modify your settings to "ENABLED" as a result of this ?

3. to open one connection ( which means that you do really want to open it), it is completely logical to close it manually. In other words I do not disagree with what you are saying. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george759

This post is addressed to Paul.

On Jan. 20, 2008 you mentioned that you are going to look into the problem that Smacmillan - and myself (agreed) - pointed out to you.

Any news or am I triggering you too soon ??

Thanks for help anyway. :)

Guest spookydownunder

Just got the HTC touch dual. I assume that this lovely little application is just what I need to turn off GPRS when abroad. Am I right?

OMG ! DUDE ! I think I love you ! ! ! (in a totally platonic way)

HTC 8526 WM6 Works perfect.... (so far)

The world is screaming for this tool and your the man!

Under which platform are you running for, I am voting for you!

Linc!

Guest sanchez27

Hi, I just installed this on my HTC P4300 and I'm getting a .net compact framework error. It says I need a newer version. I'm running WM5. Where can I get the upgraded version?

Guest yee_har

Hi. I'm trying NoData on my Vodafone V1415 (HTC S710) WM6 smartphone.

I've now installed it twice from the CAB file (previously loaded into My Documents via Windows Mobile Device Center).

The second installation was done after initial problems and after removing both NoData and Efficasoft GPRS Monitor.

Both times I have the same problem.

Bit of background first...

I have 5 profiles of GPRS defined and offered to me in NoData.

Business Email

Contract Internet

Contract WAP

PAYT Internet

PAYT WAP

I recall also that Efficasoft GPRS Monitor listed connections to be monitored such as (these are approximations as program now removed):

WWAN-Internet-1

WWAN1

I can (still) access my mail and the web via GPRS so there are valid connections present.

When I run NoData, I get the 5 profiles listed above (all showing Enabled) and when I try to toggle any of them I get the following error:

"Error

An unexpected error has occurred in NoData.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

Error writing to the RegistryKey"

Under Details, it shows:

"Error

NoData.exe

ExternalException

Error writing to the RegistryKey

at InTheHand.Win32.square box.square box()

at NoData.square box.square box()

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.onclick()

at System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc()

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc()

at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop()

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()

at NoData.square box.square box()"

Any help appreciated.

Edited by yee_har

Hi. I'm trying NoData on my Vodafone V1415 (HTC S710) WM6 smartphone.

I've now installed it twice from the CAB file (previously loaded into My Documents via Windows Mobile Device Center).

The second installation was done after initial problems and after removing both NoData and Efficasoft GPRS Monitor.

Both times I have the same problem.

Bit of background first...

I have 5 profiles of GPRS defined and offered to me in NoData.

Business Email

Contract Internet

Contract WAP

PAYT Internet

PAYT WAP

I recall also that Efficasoft GPRS Monitor listed connections to be monitored such as (these are approximations as program now removed):

WWAN-Internet-1

WWAN1

I can (still) access my mail and the web via GPRS so there are valid connections present.

When I run NoData, I get the 5 profiles listed above (all showing Enabled) and when I try to toggle any of them I get the following error:

"Error

An unexpected error has occurred in NoData.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

Error writing to the RegistryKey"

Under Details, it shows:

"Error

NoData.exe

ExternalException

Error writing to the RegistryKey

at InTheHand.Win32.square box.square box()

at NoData.square box.square box()

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.onclick()

at System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc()

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc()

at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop()

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()

at NoData.square box.square box()"

Any help appreciated.

Same problem right here! I have a WM6 HP 514 device... First I installed Nodata on my storage card. Then this problem occured. Then I installed it on my device... Same problem again! please help!

Hi! I have more problems :) I have a HTC P3600 in WM5 Nodata worked perfectly but I have updated to WM6 (FAMAN ES 4.02 rom) and I get "unexpected error", details:

NoData.exe

NullReferenceException

in NoData.∏.∏()

in NoData.∏.∏()

in System.Windows.Forms.Form.onload()

in System.Windows.Forms.Form._SetVisibleNotify()

in System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible()

in System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()

in NoData.∏.∏()

The ∏ is a square, probably it would be using any special characters????

Thanks for such a good application, very helpfull !!!!

Guest Pawel Maziarz1

I have the same problem as yee_har and DaLuca on samsung i600 smartphone with wm6 - Error writing to the RegistryKey.

edit: indeed, after unlocking with SDA_ApplicationUnlock everything works fine.

Edited by Pawel Maziarz1

Guest dannroedebaron

hey boys girls,

how do I download this program,. seens the path is invalid

Quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :)

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

Guest Stuart_f
Hi! I have more problems :) I have a HTC P3600 in WM5 Nodata worked perfectly but I have updated to WM6 (FAMAN ES 4.02 rom) and I get "unexpected error", details:

NoData.exe

NullReferenceException

in NoData.∏.∏()

in NoData.∏.∏()

in System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad()

in System.Windows.Forms.Form._SetVisibleNotify()

in System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible()

in System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()

in NoData.∏.∏()

The ∏ is a square, probably it would be using any special characters????

Thanks for such a good application, very helpfull !!!!

I got this error after a hard reset and went to go and disable the registry entries manually. It was then that I discovered that there were no registry entries! I'd forgotten to run the connection set-up wizard to create the data connections in the first place.

Paul could you add a check for this and exit more gracefully if Nodata fails to find the connections branch in the registry.

Guest switch6343

Hi Paul, I'm a newbee. I downloaded this app, which is in zip format. Please explain what I should do now to get it on my TyTN II. Tnx!

Quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :)

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

P

Guest sam_htc_touch

Use Active Sync on your Windows Xp, copy the cab file to your Device, go to File Explorer on your device (I assume that TyTN II is compatible with this s/w, I have an HTC P33450 (Touch, also known as Elf in some parts that has a Windows Mobile 6 Operating System, WM6 in short). Once the cab file is copied on your device, just double click the same and it will install on your phone.

HTH!

PS : Device here means your TyTn II or any WM based phone.

Hi Paul, I'm a newbee. I downloaded this app, which is in zip format. Please explain what I should do now to get it on my TyTN II. Tnx!

Guest tormoddf

Excellent application. Will be used daily by me. :D

Any chance you could make two small standalone scripts or apps to turn a connection on/off? That way I could schedule them to run at a certain times in accordance with the free usage on my data plan.

Could also be accomplished by adding a scheduling option in your app, but I guess that would be a lot more work?

Thanks for your work, hope you will be able to help me.

*Edit* I'd also manage if I knew what registry keys control enabling/disabling the profiles? There are other apps that can schedule registry changes.. :(

Edited by tormoddf

Guest george759
This post is addressed to Paul.

On Jan. 20, 2008 you mentioned that you are going to look into the problem that Smacmillan - and myself (agreed) - pointed out to you.

Any news or am I triggering you too soon ??

Thanks for help anyway. :D

Since there was no reply-post to my the above request, I would like to know, kindly, if there is going to be one.

Any reply, of course, does not mean solution of the problem but since the meaning of the word "forum" is to exchange ideas, waiting for an answer indefinetly causes uneasiness.

I can easily understand of the more important things that the head of the forum deals with, so please accept my apologies again.

P.S. In my post Feb 07 I write " ... that Smacmillan - and myself (agreed)" this wrong as the person that I agreed on was "Simen".

Guest zippy753

This is my first post and all I have to say is…awesome! I saw some comments in various posts about people having compatibility problems with smartphones in general and the HTC S710 specifically. I’d just like to say it works perfect with the VOX, no worries at all.

The little ‘E’ is gone but I assume it’s OK if the big ‘E’ still remains? Thanks again, I’m so happy to be free of AT&T’s insidious plan to squeeze every penny from my wallet. Somehow I think it’s not an accident that phones don’t have the ability to switch off GPRS built-in.

Guest Dragon_master

Hi, I don't know if I've missed something but I have tried to use this file on my HP hw6510 and I get the following message "Setup failed The file modaco_nodata.cab is not a vaild Windows CE setup file" I take it that this does not work on Pocket Pc 2003? The Ipaq is unlocked for any network.

Edited by Dragon_master

Guest humptydumpty

Paul, thank's for this nice program!

Just downloaded it and installed it on a HTC p3300 (Atremis). I don't have any experience with it but I'm confident it will work!

Thanx!

Guest escobator

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :D

P

hi,

ok, i installed in the fold, (program files) and then, i installed) when i press in toggling, in my screen put, error and i cant unlock the conexions, why?

thanks