Vario II - Landscape -> Portrait

Guest Cybergeek

Guest Cybergeek

Hi all,

Firstly im new, used to have a Dell Axim X3 and a Samsung D500 but combined them both into the MDA Vario II on T-Mobile!

So far very impressed with it but their is one thing driving me absolutely mad and that is that if i put the phone into standby and put it in the case that came with it and then a while later remove it and switch it back on the screen switches from landscape to portrait. Now this happens whether ive remembered to lock the keys or not and also i believe that the screen should not rotate unless the screen is slid up until it clicks into place, which it seems to do.

Does anyone know if this is a fault with all, a fault with mine or a common bug?

Guest Cybergeek

Come to think of it, i dont recall it happening. If thats true, would it cause long term damage if i kept using the case? If so the next question falls, who can recommend a good replacement case?

Guest richard_d
Come to think of it, i dont recall it happening. If thats true, would it cause long term damage if i kept using the case? If so the next question falls, who can recommend a good replacement case?

Definitely the magnets. I now use a Berghaus small GPS case and don't have the problem. There's two or three threads on cases in the Modaco Hermes forum, and one in the Tytn section on xda-developers.

Richard