Dual Sim for the TyTN

Guest nforsans

Guest nforsans

Hi - hope you can help me. I've just received my dual SIM 10th Gen, Auto STK Menu, Universal holder cut from ebay. Problem is I've got some plastic stuff, a few stickers, some metallic stuff... and I don't know what to do with them :rolleyes:

there are instructions, with low-quality pics and badly translated text from Chinese...

Can anybody tell me what to do with the plastic, metal and stickers, or point me to some detailed instrcutions?

i know I need to cut my sims but that's about it.

And I know it should work on the hermes...

cheers

Hi - hope you can help me. I've just received my dual SIM 10th Gen, Auto STK Menu, Universal holder cut from ebay. Problem is I've got some plastic stuff, a few stickers, some metallic stuff... and I don't know what to do with them :rolleyes:

there are instructions, with low-quality pics and badly translated text from Chinese...

Can anybody tell me what to do with the plastic, metal and stickers, or point me to some detailed instrcutions?

i know I need to cut my sims but that's about it.

And I know it should work on the hermes...

cheers

Be very careful cutting the sims.

I wouldn't recommend scissors.

If you don't have a sim cutting tool use a very sharp craft knife.

You take your two sims and cut them using the clear stickers as a guide but its very tricky.

You have to trim some of the metal part of the sim to enable it to fit in the holder!

the six central portions of the chip must not be cut. you can only trim the outer stips on either side of the sim. Centralise the sticker template over the sim so the cut line does not cross the six central metal parts of the chip.

the cut sims fit into the holder which is basically a piece of circuitboard.

you then slide the thin metal cover over the holer which holds the two cut sims in place.

The whole thing then slides into the phone's own sim holder - this can be tricky as its much thicker than a normal sim.

The other bits are probably the holders that allow you to place each cut sim back into a phone to be used

as normal.

Good Luck.

Edited by daddyo

Guest nforsans
Be very careful cutting the sims.

I wouldn't recommend scissors.

If you don't have a sim cutting tool use a very sharp craft knife.

You take your two sims and cut them using the clear stickers as a guide but its very tricky.

You have to trim some of the metal part of the sim to enable it to fit in the holder!

the six central portions of the chip must not be cut. you can only trim the outer stips on either side of the sim. Centralise the sticker template over the sim so the cut line does not cross the six central metal parts of the chip.

the cut sims fit into the holder which is basically a piece of circuitboard.

you then slide the thin metal cover over the holer which holds the two cut sims in place.

The whole thing then slides into the phone's own sim holder - this can be tricky as its much thicker than a normal sim.

The other bits are probably the holders that allow you to place each cut sim back into a phone to be used

as normal.

Good Luck.

thanks a lot for taking the trouble. I did as you suggested - the sim cards work when cut (individually), but put together into the circuitboard... no way..! No new menu appears on the phone, and the phone does not see a sim card has been inserted....

So either it does not work with the Hermes (which it's odd, as one reported it worked), or I've have not done it quite right, in which case I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks for your advice.

thanks a lot for taking the trouble. I did as you suggested - the sim cards work when cut (individually), but put together into the circuitboard... no way..! No new menu appears on the phone, and the phone does not see a sim card has been inserted....

So either it does not work with the Hermes (which it's odd, as one reported it worked), or I've have not done it quite right, in which case I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks for your advice.

make sure it's compatible with 3g sims because a lot are not.

can you try a non 3g sim in the holder?

my twin sim does not have a menu option (that i've noticed) you turn off the phone (via comm manager) and then turn it back on and the sims switch.

you do not have to power off the phone completely.

I got all excited....until i read this part...

Doesn't like 3G cards

"Will work only with Version 1 & some Version 2 Sim cards. This product is not 100% Guaranteed to be compatible with all Sims. Works only on 2G and does not work with 128k sim cards"

Guest danktuft
I got all excited....until i read this part...

Doesn't like 3G cards

"Will work only with Version 1 & some Version 2 Sim cards. This product is not 100% Guaranteed to be compatible with all Sims. Works only on 2G and does not work with 128k sim cards"

Ha, that's me being lazy and not reading all the way down. I wonder if someone could develop something for 3G SIMs then?