NewsGator for Windows Mobile now available

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
newsgatorgo1.gif

NewsGator for Windows Mobile, now christened 'NewsGator Go!', has finished beta testing and is now available for purchase.

For those that aren't aware, NewsGator is a service which allows you to manage RSS subscriptions via a number of NewsGator client, allowing you to view your feeds on the web, in Outlook, on your desktop, on your Mac, on your Media Center PC... and now on your Mobile.

Full details of the application can be found here.

So is it worth a download?

That's an interesting question! If you are just interested in reading RSS, then there are undoubtedly better clients out there, such as the excellent pRSSreader, which also happens to be free, rather than the $29.95 cost of NewsGator Go!.

Hang on though, because NewsGator does have a trick up it's sleeve! :rolleyes:

I already use Newsgator's 'FeedDemon' on the desktop, their web feeds viewer, and their Media Center viewer. Up to now, I have been using pRSSreader on my device. What Newsgator clients offer that is unique, is that they are able to keep the 'read status' of your feeds in sync between devices.

I subscribe to a whole ton of feeds, and if I read them online, I don't want to go back to my PC and have to go through them all again - NewsGator makes it possible.

For this reason, NewsGator Mobile is getting a trial on my device. It's definitely not the best client out there, so not the number 1 choice if you're not using NewsGator specific features... but it has potential, and i'll be pinging NewsGator a list of changes i'd like to see :(

P

newsgatorgo2.gif

Guest nickcornaglia

Newsbreak is THE most used app on my device, next to messaging, pim apps (and the phone of course).

RSS is how I read news now...on my phone. Not on my PC. (yet).

If, after your trials, you can give me a reason to switch...I'd be glad to try something new. But for now...Newsbreak is still more asthetically pleasing. (though I still wish it handled enclosures).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kcbigring

Hey Paul,

I am very glad you discovered the secret sauce to NewsGator Go! - the synchronization with all NewsGator products. Now, that I have that solid, I will focus on improving the UI, workflow, and adding the missing features.

Paul and all your subscribers, please email me at [email protected] and let me know your thoughts and ideas on ways to improve the usability and tell me what features you'd like to see.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Hmm, i glanced over this one a week or so ago, now i've started switching between vista/xp more regularly this sounds like a promising solution to keeping my rss feeds in check. Installing it on my C600 now :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.