Using feed from one GPS device to 2 apps

Guest squiggs1982

Guest squiggs1982

Hi guys,

This has been something I've been trying for a long time (since I first got my Wizard nad now my hermes), but to no avail.

I've got TomTom 5 and the 3dtracking software from http://www.3dtracking.net/home.aspx, both of which work very well on their own.

However, trying to get them to work together is a nightmare.

I've tried franson GPS gate in the past, but found it very tempremental and I'm loathed to fork out 15 quid to do something that my device should handle anyway.

I've enabled the GPS control panel, no problem whatsoever, chosen the appropriate hardware and software ports in the GPS control panel, set up an outgoing port in the bluetooth settings, told the PPC to manage my connections automatically, told TomTom to use another bluetooth GPS on the appropriate software port and told 3dtracking what software port to use and bob's yer uncle... nothing happens! (Good grief, that's a hellishly constructed sentence! Sorry!)

Anyway, has anyone successfully got this to work?

I've tried a number of combinations of ports etc., and also follwed about the only guide I could find on the net, but nothing seems to work.

Your help would be appreciated!

In the meantime, off to bed! Thanks all!

Adrian

Guest squiggs1982
Think this will do the trick:

http://franson.com/gpsgate/

Edit:

Sorry, just re-read you post and notice that you've already tried this bit of software :rolleyes:

Hi Phil,

Thanks. I've downloaded the trial of the updated franson and it seems to work much more successfully.

Not that I'm averse to paying for a decent bit of software, but it wrankles me somewhat that the device should actually do it and we have to pay for another bit of software because Microsoft have implemented it poorly.

Do we think that this is an inherant problem, or something that can be fixed?

Cheers.

Adrian