EXCLUSIVE: Revamped T-Mobile web'n'walk tariffs

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious
Forgive me if I have any of this wrong.

I woud forgive you if you had anything wrong but as you've got it pretty well summed up I don't have too :rolleyes:

cuple of minor points - downloads are allowed on the

Guest Confucious

to put this in perspective - I used 411Mb last month. on a pda it's going to be difficult to get anywhere near 1Gb.

If you use your phone as a laptop you could use more so then go for the (slightly) more expensive version.

Why take the mick? they are sendibly priced plans that address most users needs. To abuse them seems very petty and if you do and get caught it could end up costing you a lot more than if you'd just got the correct plan.

The limits are FUP and IIRC if you break them 1 month it's OK but 2 consecutive months and you will be penalised. But like I say on the

it's not confusing - but the w n w pro that FMs are referring to does not show up on the website [or maybe i'm just not seeing it!]. The w n w pro option on the web is a

Guest Confucious

EDGE? T are going for 3.5G Edge is 2.5G. If you can't get 3G coverage EDGE is better than GPRS but t are trying to get their 3G and 3.5G coverage up so aren't doing EDGE - or so I understand it.

If you can't get 3G coverage EDGE is better than GPRS but t are trying to get their 3G and 3.5G coverage up so aren't doing EDGE ....

I can get 3G but by little Vario is only 2G :rolleyes: - I'm a late adopter!

Thanks everyone for the help in clearing up what's on the various tariff's.

When I signed up to T-Mob the rep said he would automatically switch me onto HSDPA but I've no idea if it worked correctly. Is there an easy way to test the speed. (Does a different icon come up when connected via this method?)

Guest richard_d
Thanks everyone for the help in clearing up what's on the various tariff's.

When I signed up to T-Mob the rep said he would automatically switch me onto HSDPA but I've no idea if it worked correctly. Is there an easy way to test the speed. (Does a different icon come up when connected via this method?)

No you just get the normal 3G icon. try pointing the browser at www.dslreports.com/mspeed anything above 384kps is HSDPA - speeds do vary a lot.

The current WnW DOES have a bandwidth cap, it's 2GB, read the T&Cs.

To those on this thread wondering whether to get a Vario2 now to avoid the more restrictive tariff, good luck, they are out of stock online and my local branches are also out of stock. Do PM me if you find anywhere in the SE with some Vario2's!

Guest Confucious

If you can show me anywhere in the standard W'n'W T&C any mention of a cap then they have changed them.

W'n'W Pro has a cap W'n'W standard is UNLIMITED

Guest richard_d
If you can show me anywhere in the standard W'n'W T&C any mention of a cap then they have changed them.

W'n'W Pro has a cap W'n'W standard is UNLIMITED

Yes it just says 'fair use' - whether the 2GB is meant to apply and it's just badly worded is largely irrelevant, as it would be almost impossible to use 2gb without breaking the other restrictions on standard...

Edited by richard_d

Yes it just says 'fair use' - whether the 2GB is meant to apply and it's just badly worded is largely irrelevant, as it would be almost impossible to use 2gb without breaking the other restrictions on standard...

"T-Mobile defines fair use as total UK data use (both sent and received) of up to 2GB per month."

Seems pretty clear to me. When an ISP defines a contract as "Unlimited" it rarely actually is unlimited. Just because they say there's no cap does not mean there isn't one.

Edited by patp

Guest Confucious
"T-Mobile defines fair use as total UK data use (both sent and received) of up to 2GB per month."

Seems pretty clear to me. When an ISP defines a contract as "Unlimited" it rarely actually is unlimited. Just because they say there's no cap does not mean there isn't one.

That is very clear - for W'n'W Pro.

The

Guest battletank
To those on this thread wondering whether to get a Vario2 now to avoid the more restrictive tariff, good luck, they are out of stock online and my local branches are also out of stock. Do PM me if you find anywhere in the SE with some Vario2's!

Both www.scancom.co.uk and www.expansys.com show them as in stock.

Edited by battletank

Guest Confucious
Ah I see. They say what they mean by Fair Use in the paragraph where they talk about WnW Pro. I take that as applying to the Fair Use they put in the WnW paragraph, you don't. Fair enough, I think it's ambiguous. Has anyone actually checked?

It is ambiguous and fairly academic because using it under the terms of the

The online shop had them back in stock today.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.