EXCLUSIVE: Revamped T-Mobile web'n'walk tariffs

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Perfectionist
I sent them an email earlier in the week asking them to change me from the normal WnW to the Pro WnW. A couple of days later it was done with no problems....

Just as a side note, this was in the email they sent back: 'In the mean time I'd like to tell you that we're launching a brand new set of Web 'n' Walk plans in the near future which may work out even better for you.

Please keep an eye on our website at www.t-mobile.co.uk/webnwalk, and if you see a new plan that you like, then simply contact us and we'll be more than happy to change you over'

Hmmm ..... you reckon they will have a "truly" unlimited 3G plan including downloads, streaming, VOIP etc ..... for

Guest battletank
So basically I can't use Orb on these plans ?? Funk !!

What's is the frikkin point of super fast 3G internet ..... if ya cant use it cos it's too damn expensive ?? !!

You can use Orb on the

Guest Fleabag

It's really very simple guys.

All the WNW plans now include HSDPA.

WNW Pro is discontinued as of today - no longer available to customers requesting it. It was

Edited by Fleabag

Guest davidjtaylor

"me is quite happy with his free contract, with free WNW max, and 7 lines on half price."

rub it in why dont you!!! :rolleyes: anyhow thanks for the clarification.

d

Well, I ordered a vario2 flext+wnw on Saturday to get the "old" deal. It's coming tomorrow, thanks for the heads up about them getting new stock. Now I'm waiting to see if I actually do get the old deal. The difference, as I see it is the old one is either unlimited or possibly limited to 2GB, and you are allowed to download files, and possibly allowed to use IM, whereas the new one is definitely capped at 1GB and downloading is expressly prohibited, as is IM.

Does anyone have a copy of hte "old" T&Cs?

• 1 month later...
Guest lapeyrade

Hi!!!

I'm interesting by "Web'n'walk" and its fair use policy. How T-mobile can restrict video streaming and download? Do handsets have a client already set up? Is it from the server that T-Mobile block all these services?

Thx

Arnaud

Guest Confucious

Not sure that they can actually restrict it - but it would be fairly obvious from the amount of data used and data usage paterns - and if you were found to be in breach they could cancel your contract....

Guest lapeyrade

Hi,

I'm sorry if my question seem obvious, but I'm not used to with english market.

I only find the option web'n'walk 3Go and 10Go as "mobile like modem". So it's destinate to laptop usage. Are they similar for mobile usage?

thx

• 9 months later...
Guest mattyduk

Just got a text from Tmobile saying that the planned changes to web/walk (payg) aren't going ahead now on the 26th September, so can I still surf and not be charged over a £1 a day. Does anybody know what these changes were going to be ?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Christopher Woods

My first thoughts when reading this: URGH! I'm on the £7.50 a month package, and I use web browsing, email, streaming media, downloads and EXTREMELY occasionally, Pocket MSN... They've already locked off FTP and VPN which annoyed me enough (enough to hassle them until they gave me £10 account credit to shut me up) and if they implement this, it will make me leave T-Mobile, probably for 3.

This smacks of backpedaling and if I do decide to renew my contract with TM you can be SURE that I will argue without even taking a breath until I am given the £12.50 package for £7.50 a month (I'd stretch to £10 a month but after that it's just taking the piss).

Guest Confucious

T's data packages are fair and transparent - to argue for more is taking the p!ss. Jump ship to 3 then we can hear you whinging about their service instead.

Guest mcwarre
T's data packages are fair and transparent - to argue for more is taking the p!ss. Jump ship to 3 then we can hear you whinging about their service instead.

I agree

Guest Christopher Woods

@Confucious: I've actually signed up for a separate phone contract with 3 for business purposes, and granted it's not a WinMo smartphone (a K800i, it needs to be more rugged than bursting with features) and the couple of problems I have had, I've gotten through to a CSR who's been able to solve my problem within a couple of minutes. They're not in the UK, but when I needed to speak to the floor manager he was British and spoke to me straight away resolving the issue). I've not had bad customer service from them yet...

@ Paul - indeed, I had a long argument with TM about the blocking of FTP because they didn't inform me about it, refused to reinstate it even though I offered them good reason for why I needed it, and also that FTP is a core service and feature of the WWW and therefore by proclaiming to be able to browse 'the full web' they were actually misselling my package to me. That and they didn't inform me of the service change.

I gave up after they gave me £10 credit, mainly because I was getting tired of receiving the same packaged excuses from them. I had good customer service for the start of the year but it's going downhill. Seeing how many inclusive minutes and texts I can get on the 3 tariff relative to my TM tariff, plus all the other features they bundle with tariffs, is starting to make me a little bit jealous. If I got a SIM-only deal with them I'd be saving bucketloads and brought my Vario 2 to them (buying new handsets OEM) I'd have the advantage of a really good Orange 2G network to fall back onto when I had no 3 coverage.

That's just my reasoning at this current point in time. If TM keep on changing the goalposts though with their data packages I may seriously consider moving away from TM, I keep on seeing my allowances basically evaporate as soon as I use my phone approaching anything like daily usage (Flext 25 gives you 300 minutes minus voicemail usage and MMS or SMS sending) oh AND you get free video minutes on 3.

Plus when I signed up for my package with 3 I basically bartered them into giving me £40 credit on my account AND I got a free bluetooth headset. How's that for a bargain. I doubt I'd get anything that good from TM come renewal time (February for me).

Guest Confucious

I agree that the FTP bit sucks - but not having used it it's not an issue with me. I've just renewed my contract with T and will get £15/month off so Flext35 (£180 allowance) and W'n'W Plus will be costing me less than £25/month with my 25% discount.

I've had no problem with T and love them and everyone I know who's used 3 has ditched them at the earliest posssible opportunity - Hopefully things have got better and you won't have any problems with them but for me, T are the best.

@ Paul - indeed, I had a long argument with TM about the blocking of FTP because they didn't inform me about it, refused to reinstate it even though I offered them good reason for why I needed it, and also that FTP is a core service and feature of the WWW and therefore by proclaiming to be able to browse 'the full web' they were actually misselling my package to me. That and they didn't inform me of the service change.

I don't get what grounds you have to complain about FTP being blocked. T-Mobile and their T&Cs have been quite clear from the start that the £7.50 tariff is intended just for email and web browsing, and specifically excludes file downloads and streaming. So why should you expect them to support FTP which is, by definition, purely there for transferring files?

Edited by Metoo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.