yet another Direct Push problems

Guest kim24

hi all, i'm having trouble getting direct push to work properly, i'm hoping somebody could help me here. OWA and OMA works perfectly from the browser and all other settings looks alright. when i try to sync over the air, i get all sorts of errors, most of the time the 0x80072EE2, now if i disable SSL i can do a sync but can only sync tasks, if i start sync-ing contacts/email/calendar i get a 0x80072F17 error....all this from the M3100 via the activesync screen and it seems to sync in random times, now if i enable DirectPush thru the comms manager, i don't see anything different happening, even if i update my Tasks list from within outlook. Also, the directpush in comms manager turns itself off a few minutes after i turn it on

one thing i noticed is i dont see the Event ID 3002 and EventID 3025 on the exchange server's log which is supposed to indicate if EAS and IP-based AUTD have been initialized.

is it also really required to have the exchange to be listening to port 2883, as again exchange doesnt seem to be doing this

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Guest randomelements

From everything I can see the error 0x80072f17 is for an unsupported digital certificate. You haven't got a certificate that uses wildcards have you? If so, I don't think these are supported on WM devices.

The first thing to do would be to trash the partnership between phone and PC and restart your website in IIS. From my experience, the 3025 event appears when you get a first heartbeat or first manual sync.

You might need to change the min heartbeat registry key just in case it's timing out too quickly. This may also be backed up by the 0x80072EE2 error as this is normally a timeout.

From everything I can see the error 0x80072f17 is for an unsupported digital certificate. You haven't got a certificate that uses wildcards have you? If so, I don't think these are supported on WM devices.

cheers, although i'm not sure if the certificate contained wildcards, it could very well be an unsupported one as our certificate is self-generated and is not verified.....could there be a workaround somehow?

The first thing to do would be to trash the partnership between phone and PC and restart your website in IIS. From my experience, the 3025 event appears when you get a first heartbeat or first manual sync.

You might need to change the min heartbeat registry key just in case it's timing out too quickly. This may also be backed up by the 0x80072EE2 error as this is normally a timeout.

thanks, will try it monday :rolleyes: