M3100 unreliable according to Orange CS!

Guest spence15

Guest spence15

Hi,

Have just been on to Orange customer services, after waiting over 30 mins, as I want to upgrade to an SPV M3100 after reading the excellent review on here, and the person on the other end told me that it is incredibly unreliable! He went onto detail as to how the M600 is a much more reliable phone and doesn't ever crash whereas the M3100 is very unreliable and has some bugs and crashes often.

Couldn't belive that he was telling me this after reading the forums on here as to how everyone is loving the M3100 and am convinced that he was trying to sell me the M600 as being out of stock of the M3100.

Does anyone concur with this guy or was he just making it all up?

Cheers

I have not had any big problems , all new phones have bugs sadly even the m600 , thats why they release rom updates throughout the life of the model to improve on the phone, the only programme that i have problems with is tomtom 5 which sometimes freezes the phone , so i bought route66 which is more uptodate and that works a dream , only advice i can give is to read through both the m600 and m3100 sections to read what problems they have or have not had :rolleyes:

Guest nforsans
I have not had any big problems , all new phones have bugs sadly even the m600 , thats why they release rom updates throughout the life of the model to improve on the phone, the only programme that i have problems with is tomtom 5 which sometimes freezes the phone , so i bought route66 which is more uptodate and that works a dream , only advice i can give is to read through both the m600 and m3100 sections to read what problems they have or have not had :rolleyes:

Eralier units suffered from a few problems (screen alignement in particular). Since getting my replacement device from T Mobile last week (serial number 636, the most recently produced unit as far as I am aware), I have not had any single problem with it. So yes they were unreliable, but newer batches should perform as expected.

Wait a little bit - the price will drop (they are still expensive on Orange, and the data tariffs are very very bad). Get it on TMobile with unlimited web browsing on Flext + WebnWalk and you will not look back..! TMobile is excellent on many respects.

Hope this helps

Guest sleepnow75
Wait a little bit - the price will drop (they are still expensive on Orange, and the data tariffs are very very bad). Get it on TMobile with unlimited web browsing on Flext + WebnWalk and you will not look back..! TMobile is excellent on many respects.

Hope this helps

Orange's design looks considerably better, and TMobile won't let you stream unless you pay extra duckets for their WebnWeap "pro" package.

I have not had any big problems , all new phones have bugs sadly even the m600 , thats why they release rom updates throughout the life of the model to improve on the phone, the only programme that i have problems with is tomtom 5 which sometimes freezes the phone , so i bought route66 which is more uptodate and that works a dream , only advice i can give is to read through both the m600 and m3100 sections to read what problems they have or have not had ;)

I do NOT have any issues with TomTom 5.21 locking up the phone. Legitimate copy anyway can't speak about the various "evaluaton" versions.

Everything was fine for me after I turned off the Orange Theme, and deleted everything in startup folder except sdaemon which is for speed dialling.

Route 66 is not more up to date than TomTom v6, out now. TomTom is THE best navigation software, not perfect, none are, but generally accepted as the best by industry reviews etc. Co-pilot 6 is the next closest.

Edited by unisoft

Hi,

Have just been on to Orange customer services, after waiting over 30 mins, as I want to upgrade to an SPV M3100 after reading the excellent review on here, and the person on the other end told me that it is incredibly unreliable! He went onto detail as to how the M600 is a much more reliable phone and doesn't ever crash whereas the M3100 is very unreliable and has some bugs and crashes often.

Couldn't belive that he was telling me this after reading the forums on here as to how everyone is loving the M3100 and am convinced that he was trying to sell me the M600 as being out of stock of the M3100.

Does anyone concur with this guy or was he just making it all up?

Cheers

Learn one thing from the forums ; NEVER trust an Orange CS person !!!!!!!

They are usually clueless muppets that can only follow scripts. So if they were low on M3100 the script probably said to offer the M600 which they cant get rid off ;)

Swings and roundabouts - both companies have shocking Customer Service and Support. But Orange billing geberally sort things out whereas T-Mobile are hopeless.

Orange = better 3G coverage and reception than T-Mobile and HSDPA coming from end Oct 06.

M3100 looks nicer than the cruddy pinky colour of T-Mobiles version.

The new M3100 should have the bugs ironed out (HT635 serials onwards). Mine is HT631 and I dont have any faults with screen or sliding mechanism or speaker.