3GP and Streaming Player

Guest guffest

Hi,

I am using ORB to stream tv. If I set orb to use 3GP format the stream allways seems to be opened using the pre installed "Streaming Player" supplied by HTC. However the audio and sound judders...

I would like to try using TCPMP to play the stream, but don't know how to achieve this.

I have associated .3GP with TCPMP through its settings, and have also checked with BadSchwii myExtensions that the settings are correct.

Is there anyway to disable or un-install the "Streaming Player"?

Has anyone used TCPMP to stream 3GP successfully?

Many Thanks.

Have you checked that PIE/Opera is set to use TCPMP to open .3gp streams? Not sure if this is accessible through settings but might be hidden in the registry. Effectively you are using PIE to open the .3gp file, not the file explorer so I would imagine you need to tell PIE to use TCPMP. I am guessing if you have a .3gp file on the storage card and double click that it WOULD open in TCPMP.

BTW, does Orb use h2.634 (???) coding? If so I have a recollection that TCPMP does not support this.

Have you checked that PIE/Opera is set to use TCPMP to open .3gp streams? Not sure if this is accessible through settings but might be hidden in the registry. Effectively you are using PIE to open the .3gp file, not the file explorer so I would imagine you need to tell PIE to use TCPMP. I am guessing if you have a .3gp file on the storage card and double click that it WOULD open in TCPMP.

BTW, does Orb use h2.634 (???) coding? If so I have a recollection that TCPMP does not support this.

Hi,

I guess that makes sense. Will have a play now, thanks!

Not sure on what type of coding ORB uses, will check that as well.

Hi,

I guess that makes sense. Will have a play now, thanks!

Not sure on what type of coding ORB uses, will check that as well.

Not in a position to check yet but found the following suggestion on another site:

Go here..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:WMPLAYER

change,

String 1

from wmplayer.exe

to "\Program Files\TCMP\player.exe"

with quotes.. that's assuming that you have TCMP installed there. That should be it. Now the orb streams should open in TCMP instead of WMP10.

That is from the follwoing discussion (please delete if not permitted to link)

http://www.corecodec.com/index.php?option=...c=2043.msg13054