Battery Overheating

Guest Steadyeddie

Guest Steadyeddie

My battery is overheating, particularly when using WiFi.

I know others have had similar problems to this, and that a replacement battery was issued which has a metal strip of some sort on the end of it.

If anybody has one of these batteries could they please give me more information on it, model/serial nos. etc.

TM sent me a replacement but it was exactly the same as the original!!

Guest awarner (MVP)

The only reason the battery gets hot is down to how hard it is being drained or charged. It's perfectly normal for this to happen as wifi and the camera can use a lot of power.

Guest Steadyeddie

Thanks

As I mentioned before, I know that other people have this problem (cant find where I read it, may be over on XDA) and some were given a replacement which is different to the original, had some sort of metal strip on the bottom, which seemed to cure the problem.

It does get very hot but only when using WiFi, not very nice when it's in your pocket (may be nice in winter though!!)

Hot phone in pocket eh.

Talk about 'Chestnuts roasting on an open fire......' :rolleyes:

Like yours, my phone gets hot when charging and wi-fi usage, Usually a reasonable temp otherwise.

M

Thanks

As I mentioned before, I know that other people have this problem (cant find where I read it, may be over on XDA) and some were given a replacement which is different to the original, had some sort of metal strip on the bottom, which seemed to cure the problem.

It does get very hot but only when using WiFi, not very nice when it's in your pocket (may be nice in winter though!!)

Bunch of bloody comedians lol :(

I'm sure this battery must ring a bell with somebody :rolleyes:

You might be wasting your time.

I've had 4 of these handsets and only the early ones had the metal strip on them, which suggests to me that the newer batteries without the strip might be the improved design.

All 4 of my handsets got hot when used, and as one poster has already said, the temp is dependent on the drain you are putting on the battery.