Undelete possible on Motorola Q?

Guest deber

New phone (yipee!) I deleted an image that I want, but in general I want to know if to undelete for future accidents. I searched the MoDaCo forums and saw that isn't possible to undelete on the C500.

The image was taken with the Motorola Q camera and was not on a memory card. I tried a search with wildcards on the device (I know that it was img14 so I looked up *14*.*) in the file manager (selected subfolder search), found other files, but that one didn't come up. The kicker is that I made this image my home screen before I deleted it AND I CAN STILL SEE IT! May be that it was truly deleted and a new version was saved for the home screen image? If so, where do I find that? Thoughts anyone?

Guest awarner (MVP)

Welcome to the site :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it is not possible to undelete on the Smartphone.

You could recover items on the storage card but not the phone itself.

Guest The Doctor
Welcome to the site :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it is not possible to undelete on the Smartphone.

You could recover items on the storage card but not the phone itself.

You could try to recover it using winhex and wm5torage....

the new wm5torage allows you to view the IPSM as well as storage card as a mass storage device. so maybe if it has been removed from the file system but the data itself hasnt been removed you may still be able to recover it.

however the process isnt simple and i wouldnt go poking around in my IPSM with winhex :(

but theoretically it IS possible, not advisable tho.....

Phil